Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esieens

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2006
At least we can still AirPlay flixster video in the UK or anywhere for that matter to the AppleTV.

Wuaki.tv are also working on an app.

How do you airplay using flixter video? I can do airplay with mirroring but then the video does not fill in my TV screen. I have an iPhone 6s and an Apple TV 4.

I contacted Flixter support - they told me airplay is not supported....

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK
How do you airplay using flixter video? I can do airplay with mirroring but then the video does not fill in my TV screen. I have an iPhone 6s and an Apple TV 4.

Turn off mirroring and just use normal AirPlay - that's how I do it anyway

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
Not working for me with my Apple TV4 using either an iPhone or an iPad. The screen flickers to black but then comes back to the Apple TV homepage. :(

As reported above, Flixster UK have said that AirPlay isn't supported so no UV solution to watch UV films on via AirPlay in HD that I know about.

tanfan

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2015
Funny, ...if you need itunes you have one choice...apple TV........If you need UV you can pick pretty much any of them.....except Apple TV. Going with Apple stuff means lack of choice.

Reactions: Snoopy4

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Funny, ...if you need itunes you have one choice...apple TV........If you need UV you can pick pretty much any of them.....except Apple TV. Going with Apple stuff means lack of choice.

Going with Apple TV is a choice. The choice to use Apple stuff.

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015

Going with UV's crappy, backwards system means lack of choice. It's funny people forget most UV providers don't even allow you to watch HD on an iPad (or iPhone) even though iPad dominates the tablet market. The UV system was dead on arrival and that is why Apple, Amazon, and Disney have not and will never embrace it.

aced411

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Going with UV's crappy, backwards system means lack of choice. It's funny people forget most UV providers don't even allow you to watch HD on an iPad (or iPhone) even though iPad dominates the tablet market. The UV system was dead on arrival and that is why Apple, Amazon, and Disney have not and will never embrace it.

Last time I checked it wouldn't even let me watch an HD movie on my Macbook Pro. Apparently it's not HDCP compliant. Vudu may have a nice disc-to-digital program but their apps look and behave like they were made in the 20th century.

tanfan

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2015

I don't know, Vudu HDX works great on my Roku 4, and just about every device I own (I buy most to try them) but I seem to prefer the Roku's but I can't find an itunes app anyplace, forget (can only get SD) it's not available at all? I guess what I'm getting to is if you are having a bad experience with crappy UV using nothing but Apple products (that only support itunes) that might be the reason.....try using itunes with any non Apple box.

surfnode

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom

Just airplay your main iPhone/iPad screen from control centre and then play the video through the Flixster App. :)
[doublepost=1474414190][/doublepost]
As reported above, Flixster UK have said that AirPlay isn't supported so no UV solution to watch UV films on via AirPlay in HD that I know about.

Have you tried Wuaki.tv or talk talk tv applications as both will have access to your UV library if you join it to them -obviously for the Titles that have licenses for the UK.

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014
Last time I checked it wouldn't even let me watch an HD movie on my Macbook Pro. Apparently it's not HDCP compliant. Vudu may have a nice disc-to-digital program but their apps look and behave like they were made in the 20th century.

Their apps work just fine.

tanfan

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2015
Vudu recently announced they are upgrading to HDX on our IOS devices. Still waiting for itunes SD on my S7 Edge and Note 7 though.

randian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2014
Vudu recently announced they are upgrading to HDX on our IOS devices.
Did they? Because they've been saying that for years and yet it hasn't happened yet. No ATV app either even though they have view-only apps on other platforms (like TiVo).

tanfan

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2015
Did they? Because they've been saying that for years and yet it hasn't happened yet. No ATV app either even though they have view-only apps on other platforms (like TiVo).

Yes. It's in beta right now. They asked me to test for them.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK
Not working for me with my Apple TV4 using either an iPhone or an iPad. The screen flickers to black but then comes back to the Apple TV homepage. :(

Hmmm yeah this happens for me now, it certainly used to let me AirPlay. I tried mirroring and that still works, with the usual black bars top and bottom.

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014

UV is simply a vault, just like Disney is a vault. It's a file authorization system. Nothing actually plays on UV, so just like Disney you need a content delivery system. Amazon has been talking with UV for years and has about as much a chance working with UV and they do iTunes, it's because they are all competing ecosystems. Disney on the other hand wanted to work with all content delivery systems because it's the Disney brand and the backlash of being supported by only one service would have been insurmountable. There is nothing wrong with UV. It's no different than Disney and it works on multiple content delivery systems, further it works as well as if not better than iTunes. It simply doesn't work with the iTunes delivery system.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Chatting with a Flixter support rep online today and he confirmed that an Apple TV app is now in development, no ETA yet though.

11 months now. :(

They have a working iOS app for crying out loud. How hard is it to port that to tvOS? :eek:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I've got a decent amount of movies on UV, I'm seriously thinking about figuring out how to ****** *** *** (forbidden topic), and just stick them on our Mini media server so they can be accessed right through iTunes.

gregor7

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2016
Vudu just updated their iOS app to version 5.0. The app now supports HDX and AirPlay. Hopefully a tvOS app is coming soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.