Florida Court Strikes Down Terri's Law

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dotnina, Sep 23, 2004.

1. dotnina macrumors 6502a

(Though this is a current event, I'm putting in the political forum in case discussions get heated. Mods, please move to current events if that would be more appropriate.)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/23/schiavo/index.html

Personally, I couldn't be more thrilled with their decision.

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Agreed. Everything I've heard about the case seems to indicate that a) Terri had expressed to her husband that she would not want to remain in a vegatative state indefinitely and b) that she won't ever come out of the vegatative state. Her family's arguments seemed to be based on their own personal feelings on the matter, which, in light of Terri's pre-coma wishes, seem very selfish.

Good ruling.

Taft

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

It's sad that she was forced to suffer while Jeb tried to score some points with the religious right. Just because we have the ability to keep people alive doesn't mean that we always should.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's about time.

I just saw Governor bush regretting the ruling as supporting the "taking of innocent life". It's okay to condone the suffering of innocents, but not ending that suffering.