Flour dusting effect needed

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by mikebatho, Sep 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

I know there may be tutorials out there for this but likely not under the title I'm searching.

I have a bread image on a board, and I want to play around with something I should have really done when I shot the board, but didn't think to, so now I want to try & touch it in Photoshop.

I want the board to look like it's had flour scattered across it, or sprinkled on it. It needs to look organic, and possibly be in a spray, like it's been tossed at the board at an angle & settled organically.

Can anyone think of something they've seen which I can adapt to create this effect?

Thanks guys.

2. macrumors 6502a

I would just google "flour on cutting board" or something and get rid of the background, then clone stamp it and warp it or whatever to make it look like it covers the majority of the board and looks more natural.

3. macrumors 603

Or, get a green paper (needs to be only the size of the cutting board, really)... toss some flour on it 'til you get what you want then remove the green and add the flour layer to the cutting board. Lots of tutorials on Green Screen...

Luck

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Green Screen. That's what I should be searching!

Cheers :)

5. macrumors 603

Yeah, sometimes it's just figuring out what the right word is, eh? :)

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, really struggling to make my mind work at the moment :)

7. macrumors regular

not green screen, just flour on a black sheet, flour is white, you can set the layer to screen and it will get rid of the black

8. macrumors 6502a

This