Fluidity improvements?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Deasnutz, Jun 11, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 9, 2011
    How much to betas improve in this way?

While the ui has its nice points, fluidity and speed is of most utility. 6.1.4 is just rock solid and fast, I'm curious if it will ever reach that (on 5)
  2. macrumors 68000

Feb 5, 2008
    The place where Apple designs stuff
    You mean on 7?

I hope so. Because overall, iOS 7 just feels slugglish. The animations aren't as quick as I'd like them to be.
  3. macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2011
    I'm finding ios7 on the ip5 to be slow in opening and closing apps. Anyone else agree?
  4. macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I don't know if it's so much lag/fluidity but rather distinct animation choices. The opening and closing apps animation seems to be about 2x as long as it should be. The same goes with the opening and closing of folders. 1/2 the animation and I would be happy :)
  5. macrumors 68000

Jan 12, 2011
    Bel Air, CA
    I agree. The animations are way too long and slow.
  6. macrumors regular

Mar 14, 2012
    Back in Your Head
    It's like this with every beta. Compared to iOS 6's betas this is actually pretty solid, which I find surprising considering the large amount of changes.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2008
    Last year, iOS 6 beta 1 was practically unusable.. I'm really suprised at how stable iOS 7 is.

The "fluidity" fluctuated pretty much from each beta release in iOS 6.

Give it time, I'm sure it will be smooth as silk this fall.
  8. macrumors 604

Jan 8, 2012
    On my dev buddies 4S its slow. Even passed the longer animations which don't bother me. It stuttered a bit more. However its beta 1 AND on a 4S so I think we'll need to wait before judging quite yet.