FM 2006+crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey all,
    I am trying to run FM 2006 on the ibook in my sig with OS X 10.4.3. I get upto loading shortlists but after that it just crashes to the finder, with no message or crash logs or anything. I downloaded the latest patch, restarted, repaired permissions but NOTHING, ZIP, NADA. I checked out the sigames forum but I didnt find a solution. Anyone know what I can do?

2. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

Try reinstalling maybe?

Did you put the No-Cd patch on the file, that might have messed it up.

3. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Nope no nocd patch involved, I already tried reinstalling too but nothing changed.

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

There has been quite a few people saying that FM2006 is crashing, mainly on laptops.

Have you got the CD in the drive? Is it the original CD?

5. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

No, its a disk image I made so I can play without CD, but I doubt it is causing the crashing. There are TONS of people with this problem, I just want to know what to do to fix it im starting to get really frustrated.

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

To fix this problem use the Origincal CD. Football Manager is smart and checks for a CD once you open the program, and when you start a new game/load a game. You may be able to pass the first CD check with an image but when loading/creating a new game it does some other check that renders the Disk Image useless.

7. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Ok just tried it with the cd and still, nada, no positive effect. UMMMM:mad: :(

8. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I have the same problem using an iBook, the game runs fine on the iMac, I think it is because on the second CD check the game makes, there is an issue with the CD drive or something along those lines. My CD drive goes a bit mental as it tries to verify the right CD is in the drive.

Using a crack can get around this problem

9. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

PKNZ IS OFFICIALLY MY HERO:D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) This fixed the crashing! No cd crack is the solution

10. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

the no-cd crack is awesome.

Does anyone fancy setting up a macrumors network game of fm2006?

11. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

ME!!!! But cna we please make it either italian or spanish league.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Hmm... I might be interested in that. I presume it'd work fine over my dial up (he asks confidently)?

My personal preference would be for the English leagues (funnily enough) but I'd be more than happy to take my sheepskin coat abroad. Could be an interesting challenge, especially since I normally play in the lower leagues...

13. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Lower league would be fine to, the only thing I say is if we play england I would let anyone pick chelsea, arsenal or man utd, just to be fair.

14. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

How about a New Zealand league. Oh wait there aren't any:(

15. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I think the funnest leagues are:
    Italian Serie A
    Italian Serie C1(im a liftime napoli fan)
    English 1 devision(the one under the chanmpionship and 2 under premiership is the one I'm talking about)

I think we should try the indian league just for kicks!

16. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The only problem with League One is the risk that I'll end up playing as Sc*nthorpe United... :eek: :D

17. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hahahaha they're $H!TE. I always pick wrexham(i think there in league 1). Guys seriously we should organize this with a schedule and everything, a MR FM league sounds awsome but, we have to split it Europe has 1 league and other continents their own just because of the time difference.

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Assuming there's sufficient interest I think it's a great idea and I'd certainly put my name down for it. You're right about the time difference though, and what you suggest could be a good work around – and of course, there's always the option of arranging a cup competition at the end of the season where the highest placed teams in the individual leagues can compete against each other for bragging rights... :D

19. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Great idea! I think we need ATLEAST 3 players to make it interesting and once we have players we pick a league.

EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN EUROPE POST IN THIS THREAD!

I will try to organize something if possible.

20. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

21. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Ok so myself an jaffa cake are a total of 2:D any other takers? Also I dont know how to set it up so if you want I can organize the team draws and the schedules and stuff but someone has to help me with setting up the network game cuz I am useless at those things.

22. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ummm pencil me in, I have exams over the next couple of weeks, plus NZ time difference could be a problem, so I might not be the best person to sign up.

23. mikejames macrumors newbie

Potentially I'm up for it even though I'm relatively new to Football Manager 2006. Would prefer to manage in English leagues.

24. mikejames macrumors newbie

25. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

pknz- As much as I would love to sign you up, the fact that NZ has such a big time difference is a problem, maybe some more people from oceania will be interested, in that case, creat your own league:D

MikeJames-Ok your in, the league hasnt been decided yet but english is a contender.

OK people so Patmian212, Jaffa Cake and Mikejames makes 3, anymore interested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.