.fm or .cc domain ? Opinions please

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by florencevassy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. florencevassy macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2004
    Princeton, NJ
    I was thinking of also going with a .fm and/or a .cc domain to go along with my .org domain. Everything else (including .ws .us etc.) for this name that I want is taken.

Do people get nervous about visiting a site that ends in .fm or .cc ? I personally would think twice about buying something from .fm site but would have no problem visiting a personal site one of those extensions.

This is just my personal site about music and some other stuff but it is very important to me and I do invest a lot of time and a bit of money (although I try not to go overboard) in it.

Opinions are welcome! Thanks.
  2. wmmk macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    I'd probably go with the .cc, but if you are OK with an obscure ending, you could get a free domain at freedomain.co.nr:)
  3. theappleguy macrumors 6502

Apr 19, 2005
    I would probably try and stick with a more common TLD that people recognize. Otherwise, you may have problems with people automatically assuming it is a .com. However, for a personal site I guess it doesn't matter so much. :)