FM Transmitter for 5G

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Josh396, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

After breaking my DLO FM transmitter I'm in the market for a new one. I thought about getting another DLO one but I've seen two new ones that I've been thinking about either http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip30/index.php or http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/airplay2.shtml. Can anyone comment on either one? I'd like the idea of being able to charge the iPod while using the Xtreme Airplay one, something you can't do on the griffin. I'm not totally opposed to getting another DLO one but I like the idea of no cords (unless I want to charge it of course). I thought of getting a nano soon too so I thought the Xtreme one would be better for that since it would be more of a natural look. Thanks for any input.

EDIT: Also, if anyone has either of these products, could you post some pictures of it on your iPod? Thanks again.

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I'd get an iTrip. iTrip's have been around forever. They're a popular brand and work well.

3. macguymike macrumors 6502

Seconded. I have one for my 30GB video iPod.

4. iZoom P5 macrumors member

I'm on my 2nd iTrip (started w/ iTrip Mini) and it works flawlessly. Big improvements are that you don't have to put any "songs" to get it to work and you can still charge it with it attached as long as you have a USB charger.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

6. themacmaestro macrumors member

iTrip is the good bet, but DLO makes a sweet unit that might be hard to pass up

7. Josh396 thread starter macrumors 65816

Josh396

I noticed that one but I was originally looking for something that I could pass around. However after looking at that I might consider it. I really did like how the DLO could hold the iPod in on position the whole time so it was easy to see.

8. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

If you are looking to use this in your car, I would suggest using one of the tranmitter/charger combos. I have found you get alot of static and channel loss using a transmitter that sits very close to the pod and far from the radio. the combo versions are good for the car because the transmitter part sits inside the charger plug aligning the transmitter very close to the radio. the closer to the radio the better the reception.

9. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

10. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm a fan of the DLO Transpod... I haven't had any problems with mine so far. But if you have your eye on the iTrip I would suggest that since I think that has been around the longest

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

which one do people have the transpod or the road trip. Now that apple didn't put the remote socket thing you need an all in one cause i listen to my ipod when going to and from NY/boston. I'm concerned about how it will fit in my car. I drive an 04 lexus es 330. I need a transmitter cause the nav. doesn't have a cassette adaptor. the outlet on my car is in a weird spot. Its ashtray/outlit is that wood piece under the a/c controls.. on the left. The monster one is seems ideal but i would like a holder so its not flying around the car, its stationary.
    Do these all in ones stay in place or do they sometimes turn over when plugged in.....

Attached Files:

12. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

I HATE DLO.
    Everything that I have bought from them has broken. I dropped their little remote for my ipod from about 3 ft off the ground onto CARPET and it broke. Their transmitter just stopped working. I don't recommend them.

13. Josh396 thread starter macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well before I broke my DLO it was great. And the reason it broke was all my fault, nothing to do with the quality of their product. Maybe you just have had bad luck.

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone :eek: