Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Does such a thing exist as an add on? Or maybe it could adapt the bluetooth technology to transmit to FM stations. I know they have this for ipods but wouldnt it be good for ibook/powerbooks too?

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
greenguy4 said:
Does such a thing exist as an add on? Or maybe it could adapt the bluetooth technology to transmit to FM stations. I know they have this for ipods but wouldnt it be good for ibook/powerbooks too?

any fm transmitter that plugs into a 1/8" jack will work. you plug it into the headphone jack and away you go.

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
FM transmitters can be purchased at target or walmart for like 30-40 bucks (i think). They can be used for anything that uses a standard headphone jack.

Edit: here's one target

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
cyanide said:
if you want something that looks pretty good with an iBook, you might want to try the griffin iTrip. its made for ipods, but with its white casing and small form factor i cant think of a better accessory for your iBook. plus, no batteries required! http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/index.php

the itrip will not work.. 1) notice the connector next to the 1/8" jack? that's for the remote control and will make sure that it does not fit on the iBook. 2) you have to send "frequency" information to the iTrip, as far as i know this would not work through iTunes, but it might... as i heard they're "audio" files, in which case it is possible that it would work. but #1 definitely rules it out as it simply will not connect to the iBook, at least from my guess due to the protrusing for the iPod remote connector

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.