fm transmitter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jer446, Apr 9, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I am going to be buying my father an ipod shuffle for his birthday. He wants to listen to his music in his car, a bmw 3 series, so which is the cheapest fm transmitter for the shuffle? His car also has bluetooth, but i doubt that would be reasonably priced. I want something pretty cheap, so what should i go with? also, if htey sell it at bestbuy that would be better because i get a discount there/

2. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

iPod Shuffle Fm Transmitter

AirPlay makes an FM Transmitter for the Shuffle. It also charges the Shuffle as it is plugged into the cigarette lighter. Price about $45. I have the AirPlay fm trans. for my iPod Photo which works fine.

3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

You can buy the Belkin TuneCast. It is a transmitter that hooks up to any audio deivce with a headphone jack. The porduct website says they sale for $39.99, but Wal-Mart sells them for $20.00

Remember this item is not Shuffle specific

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=153910

4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

what is the difference between the Belkin TuneCast and the Belkin TuneCast II? One has a screen. They are both sold at bestbuy which is good.

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

The Belkin TuneCast I has 4 preset stations. The TuneCast II can be set to any station on the dial; plus has the ability to be programmed to save 4 stations.