FM transmitter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Natalia81, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Natalia81 macrumors regular

Aug 7, 2004
    Has anyone tried this:

Monster iCarPlay Wireless - FM Transmitter for iPods

Just curious as to how (not) good it is.
  2. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2003
    all i've heard is that the griffin itrip is the most reliable/best. i will be getting that one soon.
  3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
  4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    I just bought my friend an iTrip, and I have to say that it quite frankly sucks. Even on a completely empty channel, the iTrip had static and background hiss. I use the NewerTech RoadTrip! (87.7mhz version) and its much much much much better, even in the same car. The transmitter is much more powerful, and blocks out the background noise completely, plus has almost twice the left/right separation of other transmitters. OWC sells the RoadTrip in both an 87.7mhz and 107.7mhz version for only $20 with $5 shipping... can't beat that price!

They have a sample MP3 on their site that will let you hear what I just described... and its not biased, since they sell all 3 of the transmitters that they're testing :D iPod Test.mp3

You can check out all their iPod accessories (including tape adapters and FM transmitters) here.