Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kraut55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Yosemite 10.10.5, ACDSee 3.7, iMac with external SSD as boot disk

Yesterday I had been looking at my photos in ACDsee. After I had finished, I shut down the Mac. I usually do that without closing any programs, I let Yosemite do that (wrong?).
When I started the Mac a few hours later the photo folder was greyed out, the photos no longer accessible.
In one thread it was suggested to repair permissions. That did not help.
When I checked TimeMachine and went back a few days the Photos folder was greyed out even there, although I had been working with photos the last days without a problem.
Is there a way to make the folder accessible again?
If not should a complete restore fix the issue?
Thanks.

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Can you right click on the folder and bring up Get Info. It should show you what the permissions are on the folder.

Also, check you Users and Groups preference panel. Does it show more than one user?

kraut55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Can you right click on the folder and bring up Get Info. It should show you what the permissions are on the folder.

Also, check you Users and Groups preference panel. Does it show more than one user?
[doublepost=1454950080][/doublepost]Doesn't seem to be my day: my iMac did not start and I had to take it to Apple for repair. I will try your suggestions once it is back.
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.