Folder setting never saved!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by falcoboy7, Apr 11, 2005.

1. falcoboy7 macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2004
    Every single time the computer starts up from sleep or off, it has these weird folder settings. The harddisk is in "list" view with the applications and library folders showing contents (arrows pointing down). The application folder is in the "picture" view with the apps all over the place. I switch it to normal views and stuff, but it won't stay!

Im on a 10.3.8 iMac G4 800mhz
  2. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

Jan 23, 2004
    San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Probably things that you've already tried, but worth a mention:

* Repair permissions (Disk Utility)
    * Reboot
    * Repair permissions again (for good measure)

See if this helps & good luck!
  3. falcoboy7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2004
    dont mean to bump an old thread...

but i did that a while ago and it didnt help

could it be something with the DS_trash or something? I'm really no expert but i heard those weird files make the folder settings or something...
  4. jworrill macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2005
    I also have the same or similar problem. I just want all my folders to appear in details view (small icons and text etc) but quite often some folders open using large icons and often are laid out over the top of one another in strange formations :)

I will try repairing permissions again but this didnt work last time, at least not permanently.

5. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    My beef with finder windows is that when I click on a couple of my desktop folders the finder window opens up with the top portion half under the menu bar. This happened in 10.3 as well but now with 10.4 it's every other folder. Any suggestions?