Folder viewing options

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EvryDayImShufln, Oct 5, 2006.

1. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hi

Im wondering how I can get more advanced folder viewing option settings. You see, when I view my pictures, I'd like nice big preview icons, but I don't want to go through my 50+ pic folders and change the settings on each individual one. Is there a way to change the main picture folder into doing this and affecting all the subfolders at once?

Thanks!

2. Tel macrumors regular

If you mean that you want Finder to show you thumbnails of the image instead of a generic icon, try using Pinki.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Please, don't use Pinki. I did at one time but it got annoying with the file size increases.

Finder > View > View Options

Then you check "Show icon preview"

OS X needs a thumbnail cache though. When Finder relaunches it has to make thumbnails all over again.

4. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Well I'm doing it in OS X

But lets say I have a picture folder. It contains 50 smaller subfolders filled with pictures. I dont want to go to every single one individually and change them, so I was hoping there was a way to do it just by choosing the Pictures main folder and setting it to affect all subfolders.

The main thing I want to do is increase the image icon preview because most are too small at the default folder icon size. But I dont want to change all of them on my computer because then the normal icons will be way way too big.

5. Hobofuzz macrumors regular

Use automator.

6. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Thanks, automator is great! just figured out how to use it a little, but ill be sure to use it again