Folder Window Background Colour changes by itself

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Crispy Duck, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Crispy Duck macrumors regular

Hello,
    First post - have searched everywhere for an answer to my (minor but irritating) problem.

I have recently used the Migration assistant to migrate to two 24" iMacs (work and home).
    On both my new computers - when I pick a different background colour for a folder (using 'This Window Only') - when I close the folder and open it again the colour has randomly changed to an insanely bright different colour and won't stay as the colour i picked. (i.e. choose pale orange, when the folder is closed and opened, the background is now bright shocking red –*and stays that colour).

I've tried deleting finder prefs (and any colour related pref I could find) and repairing permissions... neither having any effect.

I thought it might just be my home Mac, but now I've migrated on my work Mac as well, it seems there might be a conflict with a preferece file, but I don't know which one?!) Can anyone shed any light? :confused:

2. Crispy Duck thread starter macrumors regular

Would resetting the PRAM have any effect on this?

3. earthling0 macrumors newbie

go to ths thread for more

"OSX forgetting folder background color.."

but i repeat my reply here........

i prefer to use a window when working with my 'desktop' files and also like to change the background colour for easy recognition.

i contacted apple about this one - only seems to be a 10.4.8 problem. the problem was the same on a g5 and a macbook pro. this was the first time that apple australia had heard about it. the rep took a full report and their reply was 'you may not hear back from us, and you may see the problem miraculously disappear - it did??

does this mean apple has access to my computers??

4. Crispy Duck thread starter macrumors regular

Well at least I'm not the only person with this... I searched everywhere and nothing was coming up.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will be fixed with 10.4.9. (fingers crossed).