Folders like the pros

Discussion in 'macOS' started by WillGonz, Sep 15, 2005.

1. WillGonz macrumors member

Sep 15, 2005
    Ok I am new to OS X. When I insert some CD's and they open, they look really cool. Some have pictures and text. Does anyone have a guide on how to do this or maybe a program that does it for you.

I tried searching the forums and google. I don't even know what it is called. Thanks.
  2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

Jan 20, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have i feeling you might be able to do this under Finder. Worth a shot maybe. Click on the CD-R and Command I to raise the get info box. Then copy and paste an image into the CD image found in the get info box.

Im not very sure, just brainstorming.
  3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Pick the folder (or disk image) you want to do this with, then in Finder pick View->Show View Options. Make sure to check "This window only" up top, then in the Background section at the bottom, click "Picture" and it will let you select one. Make sure that you first copy the picture file into the disk image first, and set the folder to display that copy of it.
  4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    Make sure to play with the dimensions of the picture first, too, so the picture fits correctly.
  5. WillGonz thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2005
    Can I put animated gifs in there?
    Can I add actions like when I roll over an icon, etc?
    Is that what folder actions are?

Thanks All
  6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Yes, but it won't be animated ;)
    I wouldn't expect to get a rollover working, but you can attach applescripts to a limited set of actions. See here. Note the dependency on 10.3 and later, this isn't a feature you would want to depend on if you are distributing something to a wide audience.