Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DyslexicArtist

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Hi, I am in Cyberduck, and I have a 10 separate websites listed in there...
I somehow accidently got 5 of my individual website folders into 1 particular website folder that is a different website folder..
and cannot get them out of that folder so they are individually listed...

I can't move them by dragging them out,
and I can't seem to find an "action" to do this...

Need help, thanks.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Try dragging the folder (inside the other folder) up to it's parent's parent folder (the grandfather folder ;)) and see if that moves it to where you want it. This should move the folder up a level if I'm understanding your situation correctly.

Try a textually-visual example.
Code:
root
-folder-A
-folder-B
--folder-C
--folder-D
So, if folder C is one you want to move up, you'll drag it to the root folder.

DyslexicArtist

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Hi, you see, the "parent" folders are stuck inside another "parent" folder... I just can't move things around. I have some websites, they are listed as separate ones... somehow some of the complete folders or whatever they are called are now inside others and i cannot move them at all -- i have tried dragging them, yet they won't move. They won't drag..... and you, know, thats a drag...

thanks for your help.!

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
In Cyberduck, do you have the view set as List or Outline (under the View menu, it'll have a check next to one or the other)? To do what I suggested earlier you'll need to be in Outline view, I had forgotten it defaults as List view so you may not have been able to do it. Other than that though it's hard to give advice without knowing the folder structure on your server.

Perhaps if you could show the structure like I did in my last post. Also, when you say you can't drag and drop, what happens when you try? Is there anything visually happening or error messages?

DyslexicArtist

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Well, I cannot select List or Outline, they are grayed out....

I think I realized what happened. I must have somehow without meaning to copied the folders in one big swoop to another folder... I can see now they are copies, and the original is still there on the list... so i have deleted the copied files and now am left with the way it was before, which is good.

Thank you very much much for your help. I appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.