Folding install script has taken over Term

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by 840quadra, Jun 23, 2005.

1. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota

I just got done upgrading my G4 B&W to Tiger (fresh install) and I decided to get this comptuer back folding again. I ran the little single processor install script that is linked in the folding FAQ to get it installed and running.

Now for some reason, every time I open Terminal, it calls the Install script. I deleted the install script, but it still tries to open it every time I open a new terminal window, and I get the following.

Last login: Thu Jun 23 09:57:48 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    Yosemite:~ USERr$ /Volumes/single/.setup/script.command; exit
    -bash: /Volumes/single/.setup/script.command: No such file or directory
    [Process completed]

Here is what I attempted to do to resolve my issue, which none have fixed
    1. Install and run the script again.
    2. Change the default shell from the terminal prefrences.

Does anyone know what file I need to edit to get a normal shell, and to have the system stop trying to call the install script?

Thanks for any help!

I thought my Linux experience would help here, but I am lost!
  2. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2005
    One of the files that get executed every time you open the terminal is ~/.profile (where '~' is your home directory). You can't see this file normally because it begins with '.', so to see it you have to use "ls -a" instead of just "ls". Open it, and if it has a line that executes the program you don't want, just erase it.
  3. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    if it's not in .profile, execute this command to determine which shell you're running:
    % echo $SHELL
    and check out the corresponding startup file. e.g. if you're running tcsh, have a look in .tcshrc

edit: also look in .login