fond an old iPhoto library...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zim, Oct 1, 2004.

1. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    After doing some cleaning, I found a cd containing an old iPhoto library. Does anyone know a way to easily get all the images out? or added back into my current library?

Is there a way to turn it inito an iPhoto archive? like the cds that you burn right from iPhoto.

I really wish iPhoto had the same options as iTunes where you could point to a different library.
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    go to and grab iPhoto Library Manager. it will do exactly what you want. add the CD's library to the list, point to it and launch iPhoto. (you may need to copy to your desktop if your library is for an older iPhoto and needs update.)
  3. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    Simple. Move your current iPhoto library to a different folder (the whole shabang), and replace it with the other iPhoto library folder. Take out the images you want (export them), and put them back into the original library once you've reversed the process.
  4. zim thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    Worked great, it even let me fix a permissions error right from the interface... why oh why is not part of iPhoto.

Usually I know to search on versiontracker, stupid me forgot. Thanks again for the recommendation.

I then did what brap suggested and exported all the images out and then imported them into my other library. The issue is not space here, it was a random lost library due to the conversion from 10.2 > 10.3. I wish, just as I hope someday we will see, the ability for multiple libraries in both iPhoto and iTunes.

Thanks again :D