Font advice....@#$%&!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by BicyclePunk, May 6, 2003.

1. BicyclePunk macrumors regular

hey there. I was just emailed two fonts for a project for a client. I think they are using OS9. I am on OSX 10.2.5. They sent me two folders with all of the variations of the fonts. The files include the font (with the icon with the red background and the letter A) as well as some .bmp fonts. I see some .afm fonts, which I never heard of before. Fonts on X drive me nuts, but I need to use these fonts bad. Where should I put them and what else do I need to do? Do I use all of them? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

You really should get Fontreserve of Suitcase to manage and activate fonts.

In the meantime you can put fonts in:

HD>Users>You>Library>Fonts

or

HD>Library>Fonts

Now, if they did not send you a TT, OTF or screen font, you won't be able to see them on screen. I am not sure PS fonts render in regular applications.

3. BicyclePunk thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeah...forgot to mention I have Suitcase. So does it matter then, where I put the fonts? I often get all kinds of hassles even when I use try to open a font in Suitecase....

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Sorry for the delay in answering.

With suitcase, I create sets to organize my fonts. The actual fonts I keep in my Shared (user) folder, so all users can access them. I'll attach a screenshot - a picture is better at explaining than me.

1. Create a set: "Job fonts"
    2. drag and drop fonts or a folder onto this set.
    3. You can activate the whole set, or just pick and choose fonts and activate them individually

Attached Files:

5. BicyclePunk thread starter macrumors regular