font issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by krossfyter, Jun 6, 2003.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay i got a .TTF in email from someone. I cant open it. It tells me to choose an app to open it with. Is there a way I can open this? If not what do i tell the person sending the font to me to send it as?

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Put the file inside your Users/You/library/fonts folder (if you don't have suitcase or fontreserve). Now when you start up an application that uses fonts (TextEdit, illustator, word, etc.), the font should be there.

.TTF = .TrueTypeFont

3. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

this is one of those OS X problems, i would say. they don't have any small app to view fonts at all. you have to buy one. or you can just put them in your font folder, as zarathustra says, and start using them. hopefully panther will include a decent font viewing app.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I agree, this is one of the features I miss most... it would be nice to sample a font by double clicking it, like you could back in OS 8-9. Hopefully it's just one of those features they haven't had time to implement yet...

pnw

5. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

You still have to drag the fonts into your fonts folder, but then you can use the character palette to preview, which is much nicer than anything in OS9.

Attached Files:

6. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

true, but you can't just click on a font to open it. it's piss poor integration of said "better app" for a company that emphasizes such.