Fonts in Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnnyjibbs, Feb 20, 2005.

1. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

This is somewhat an annoying problem.

Why is there not universal access to all fonts on my system? I only have one user, so that is not the issue. What I'm talking about is that some applications seems to have more fonts available to them than others.

For example, I am creating a DVD in iDVD5 using the Full Frame theme. The font used for the titles there is BlairMdITC TT. However, I want to create an intro movie in iMovie that uses the same font for consistency in its titles. Of course this font is nowhere to be seen in iMovie. Nor can I access it in Photoshop Elements, Word or even Font Book.

I did have a similar problem with the Myriad font recently, which I could access in Photoshop Elements but not anything else. So I searched for it in the Finder and could then add it to Font Book and everything was fine and dandy (although I don't understand why I had to do this step in the first place).

My iDVD font does not show up in a Finder search however. Does anyone know why different applications seem to have different fonts available to them and why we can't just have all fonts available to all applications?

Thanks in advance.

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Did you do a search inside the iDVD.app folder?

3. johnnyjibbs thread starter macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Thanks so much! The iDVD package contains a folder called Fonts and I've been able to install them all! I didn't think to check that! Thanks very much.