Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a font that I have installed. I installed it fine yesterday and it is showing absolutely fine in 'Font Book' and states it is installed but when I open Photoshop CS3 it is not there at all :confused:

I have taken a screen cap that shows Font Book displaying it, but CS3 doesn't. You can view that here: http://lisacleverley.com/temp/fontsmissing.jpg (310KB file size for 56k users)

As you can see by the screen cap I've installed custom fonts before and they've all been OK installing and viewing/using in CS3. Not sure why this is happening. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for reading,
-Lisa

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
What happens when you go to Validate fonts in font book. To do this select all the fonts and go File - Validate Fonts.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
What happens when you go to Validate fonts in font book. To do this select all the fonts and go File - Validate Fonts.
Sorry I forgot to mention that I've already done that and it said they were all fine.

It states.. "No problems were found validating these fonts." I've tried restating the computer and all, re-installing them etc to no avail. :(

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Have you tried... Photoshop>Preferences>Type>Show Asian Text Options?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Have you tried... Photoshop>Preferences>Type>Show Asian Text Options?
Just tried that and they're still not showing. I quit Photoshop and restarted it. I'm really stumped. The font I'm trying to use is "Kosuka Gothic Pro". Maybe I could send it to see if anyone else has the same problem? *shrug*

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
sorry, i hate to ask this questions, but did you make sure that the font is activated in FontBook? Did you try deactivating it and then re-activating it? I really don't know either. You can send me whatever font you want and i can try.

-JE

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2007
Toronto
This has happened to me before with a couple fonts.

You could try opening up in AI and ID and see if they appear in those Apps as well. When I had issues, one of the fonts showed up in AI but not PS or ID. It could be a PC specific font...not sure what to suggest because I never figured it out myself and it has only happened twice with me.

Where did you download the font from and is it .ttf format?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
sorry, i hate to ask this questions, but did you make sure that the font is activated in FontBook? Did you try deactivating it and then re-activating it? I really don't know either. You can send me whatever font you want and i can try.

-JE
Thanks but iGav has helped me in email and show me, although it's appearing in the asian fonts at the bottom.. even though it's not an asian font hmm.

This has happened to me before with a couple fonts.

You could try opening up in AI and ID and see if they appear in those Apps as well. When I had issues, one of the fonts showed up in AI but not PS or ID. It could be a PC specific font...not sure what to suggest because I never figured it out myself and it has only happened twice with me.

Where did you download the font from and is it .ttf format?
It's been fixed now but thanks for replying :) The font was an OpenType Font (.otf)

--
As I said above iGav has helped me fix this (thaks iGav) although when he sent me a screenshot of where the font was, which was at the bottom shown in the Asian area and even Asian text, but the font isn't Asian at all. There is nothing Asian in it what-so-ever :confused:

Is there a way to move it? I realise I'm asking too much now but I don't see why it's down there, strange. Have attached some pics.

First attachment shows what it looks like in photoshop with the weird Asian text symbol 'preview'
Second shows what the actual font style is.

Very strange to say the least!

Attachments

• kozuka.jpg
    kozuka.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 3,329
  • kozuka1.jpg
    kozuka1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,274

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
even though it's not an asian font hmm.

Just checked... it is actually. :p

Go to System Preference>International>Input Menu and change the input method.

Then select the Language Input Menu and change it to Show Japanese Kana Pallette and hey presto... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.