fonts n accounts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jackt, Jun 21, 2006.

1. jackt macrumors newbie

hello :::::
    I just began using a new user account on my G5 (OSX 3.9) - separate from the administrator account - and now, sometimes, only some of the installed fonts are visible in Font Book in the new, secondary account. However, most of the time all fonts are visible in Font Book in the administrator account. Some of the disappearing fonts are aftermarket display fonts, others are as basic as Arial. All fonts are installed either under hd1>Library>fonts or hd1>System>Library>fonts. One time Font Book in the secondary account couldn't see an established font collection, another time it could see that collection, but not the fonts in it, though it could see those fonts as part of All Fonts. And sometimes it works fine.
    Any help would make my day
    :::: thanks, Jack

2. jackt thread starter macrumors newbie

also

also, when these fonts don't appear in Font Book, I can't install them even though I go through the normal steps. I don't get an error message, just a flicker of the All Fonts window, then it looks the same as before ::::: jt

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You do not have access to fonts that are in the ~/Library/Fonts/ folder of another account. You do, however, have access to the fonts in /Library/Fonts/ and /System/Library/Fonts/, the global MacOS X fonts folders, and /System Folder/Fonts/, the Classic fonts folder.

4. jackt thread starter macrumors newbie

where these fonts live

hello ::::
    yes, the fonts that Font Book in my secondary account is having trouble seeing reside in : /Library/Fonts/ and /System/Library/Fonts/, so I can't figure out why sometimes Font Book sees them and -- after restart or shut down/start up -- it sometimes doesn't see them. Since the fonts are in those folders, (upstream from Users) Font Book in my secondary account should see them all the time.