FONTS - Program Fonts Changed How To Fix?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iheartwillabees, Jun 27, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

i stay up late last night everything is fine, i just downloaded firefox and the font in firefox was all weird like hard to read i wake up this morning now safari and macromedia flash and everything else is starting to do it...i read some forums and tried making new plists and checking the programs preferences but the font its suppose to be using is Times and its just not. This is a look at what i have to deal with:

[​IMG]

2. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

I can't see your image for some reason :(

Anyway, I suspect that the cause is corrupt font caches. There's a program called Font Finagler that can clear font caches - you might want to take a look at it.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

font finagler

already tried it. didnt work or do anything.

4. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Hmm... have you installed any fonts recently? You might have a bad font somewhere. Mac OS X's built-in Font Book program helps manage fonts, and might be able to help you track down a bad one.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

mac font book

i just installed 600 fonts like a week ago and i installed them into font book. no problems there i dont believe. im wondering if its just firefox since thats the last thing i downloaded when this all started as weird as that might be for that to happen i hate firefox anyways worth a shot.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

well deleting firefox didnt do anything but free up space.

7. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Did you delete your Firefox profile too? That can be found in ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox, where ~ is your user folder.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

good call i didnt try that yet im gonna quit safari and reopen it hopefully that works

9. dcv
    macrumors G3

I managed to mess up a few fonts in the past. You might wanna have a look at my old thread as there were some useful ideas in there such as clearing out the font caches and lists of standard Tiger fonts etc. Hope this helps!

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

hey deleting the firefox thing didnt help

also im not having problem with any of my widgets...just all my applications via safari macromedia flash dreamweaver etc

maybe if i search the millions of fonts i have to find the one font and delete that maybe it will go back to normal or maybe it will go to another bad font that i cant read?

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Fixed

dont know what happened i started deleting fonts that i didnt want and none of them even looked like the font that was messing up the thing and then i went online and the error is gone...this is just one of those unsolved mysteries