fontsuck

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by BicyclePunk, Mar 21, 2003.

1. BicyclePunk macrumors regular

Ok. I really hate dealing with Fonts, but I have to. I am on 10.4, and have Extensis Suitcase. I've even read MacWorld magazine's font help sections. But still I am having problems with fonts and request some help. Here's the deal:
    I downloaded a free font. There is a .bmap version of it and then another version, with no file extension name. i did a get info on it and it is a PostScript font. No matter where I put the .bmap font, suitcase will not activate it because it says there is a conflicting system font. But I don't see one. The the PostScript font isn't even seen by Suitcase. I need this font. Can anyone tell me how I can see it on my machine? Thanks in advance.

2. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Dude, 10.4. Far out.

I can't help you, I'm still back on Jaguar.

You could try dropping both of the files in your Library/Fonts folder, though, and see if the system sees them then.

3. BicyclePunk thread starter macrumors regular

10.1 .4...sorry. I restarted the machine with the fonts where you said they should and all is well now. Thanks.

4. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Haha - yeah, that's what I figured.

Glad I could help.

5. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Re: fontsuck

If you want to try and send it to me, I can convert it to a true type font, and send it back to you. I work with fonts alot, and postscript fonts cause problems alot. If you uninstall it then place the truetype font in your font folder, it should work. email it to me at
    jethroted@yahoo.com