foofbag is shocking, literally!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aznfreak, Nov 1, 2006.

1. aznfreak macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2006
    Hi everyone,

I received my foofbag the other day and everything was well. The usual praises, high quality, sexy, sleek, etc. Anyways this morning I slid my MacBook into the sleeve and went off to work. When I got around to sliding out the MacBook it shocked me! Static had built up!
    I think nothing of it, but I unpack after I get home and the MacBook shocks me again! This time even more!

I'm wondering if there has been any one else out there that has experienced this problem, has heard anything about it or knows what I can do to fix it.
    I don't know how detrimental the static shocks are to the MacBook, but I suspect I should keep it at a minimum...
  2. JAT macrumors 603

Dec 31, 2001
    Mpls, MN
    I think this is more related to your surroundings than your bag or computer, although they may help to set it off. I won't even touch my keyboard at work when I first sit down anymore without first touching my light (metal case, 3 prong plug) to get rid of static charges.
  3. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2005
    sorry, but it's called Google.
  4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    No, it's called courtesy for the OP to provide either an explanation or a link.
  5. aznfreak thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2006
    I guess I'm not a very courteous person then! :p
    Sorry I thought foofbag was a well known product to most people on the forums, but I neglected to realize that new people post on the forums everyday.

Anybody have an idea how I can prevent the MacBook from shocking me? It seems that the sliding between the foofbag and MacBook is creating some sort of static build up. Perhaps if I throw it in the wash, the static charge will be washed out! :D
  6. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2006
    Just touch a grounded metal object before you touch your Macbook. Metal light switch covers work, as do metal lamps with 3-prong plugs.