Football (American) player arrested for beating up a nerd

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eva01, Apr 24, 2006.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2419713&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Beat up a person at a Denny's because he brought in a laptop to the Denny's

WTF!!

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

ugh.. I bet he gets off because he's a sports player.. I can see something like that happening in this country. He gets off because he's a celebrity.

How could anyone beat someone up because they using a laptop?? What???

4. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

Makes me think of high school jocks picking on the geeks

5. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Assault and Battery.
    Two/Five years.
    No contract with the Bears.
    Goodbye. End of news story.

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Same thing exactly...good grief what a jerk. Athletes' arrogance tees me off. Just like OJ getting off and still having the time of his life.

7. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    what a dumbass

and what the hell were they doing in a Denny's?

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

No matter how amazing pro athletes are on the field, they seem to have real difficulty thinking clearly off the field. All this guy has to do is stay out of trouble and he has it made.

A complete fool. I hope he realizes what a stupid mistake he's just made - he'll be working in a factory the rest of his life thinking of the millions he threw away.

9. emaja macrumors 68000

...and my Bears just signed him to a huge offer sheet...

I wonder if they can change their mind based on this.

Ugh.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He won't have to. I'm sure he'll still be playing pro football and making millions.

What's really amazing is that he was charged with assault with a deadly weapon even when he wasn't technically carrying any weapons, only his massive arms. :eek:

I hope he dies today. Hell, I hope he breaks his neck and spine, and has to live the rest of his life in a bed. That would be better.

11. emaja macrumors 68000

That's a little extreme.

No excuse for his behavior, but it hardly justifies that response from anyone.

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

For some reason I laughed really hard when i read that. Nothing like a good punch to the face to get things straitened out.

13. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

hahahahahahaa

i'm sorry but i am just cracking up

14. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

This sounds like something that would happen in a high school movie.

15. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Chupacabra. I havent seen/heard that since I was in Mexico and cows were mysteriously dieing and getting mutilated...

Back on topic. Beating someone up because they were using a laptop? Disgusting. Wait... was it a Dell? 'Cause then...;)

16. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

grrrr I'm a meathead football player, grrrr, I use violence instead of words...grrr now I'm gonna go drink beer and lift weights while commenting on my buddies well toned pipes....grrr did I also mention I'm ultra-hetrosexual? grrrrr :mad:

I love the fact that most guys who act like that in highschool are now pumping my gas and delivering my pizza. Good one guys :p

17. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

I doubt he will get off. But mostly likely the punishment will be community service time. On the other hand, the beatee, (I refuse to call him a geek just because he was using a lapptop) will probably be able to sue in civil court for damages, physical and emotional. He may be able to get quite a bit. that won't buy back pride or self-esteem though. I feel bad for the guy. Manning, on the other hand, comes off like a d!ck in the article, talking about his new job with the Bears and really taking no responsibility for his actions. I hope he loses millions.

18. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

What I read out of that article......Chicago Bears will be Super Bowl 41 champions :cool:

Don't bother asking me how I interpreted the article like that.

But in all seriousness, I'm sure he will get fined a pretty penny for his unjust actions...and rightfully so

19. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Regardless of what happens in court, I can't see Tags letting this slide. Yes he's getting ready to leave, but geeks and nerd are the guys with $$ and they buy the suites that the owners rely on to bring in said $$. Manning is going to get nailed by Tags. I'd guess hefty fine, maybe one game (not sure about the game...).

After eating attorney's fees, civil penalties (can you imagine if it turns out a racial comment was made during the beating? - then we got hate crime dollars), the NFL fine, loss of any and all sponsorships (if this doesn't blow over), and other assorted costs, he's going to be stuck eating at Dennys no matter what time it is...

20. emaja macrumors 68000

All the guys like that at my high school are now cops.

I love my Bears too, but you have had too much of the Kool Aid™ at Marty's or the Uptowner - if they are still around in Charleston.

21. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Allegedly kicking the **** out of someone until they lose consciousness--no, you must not let that get in the way of your millions of $$$.:rolleyes:

22. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

This is actually true in a lot of cases. I mean, the lawsuit has ruined the state of minor justice everywhere in our country.

Back in the day, if someone was wronging you in a minor way, a whack to the face would set them straight, no tattling, running to mommy or calling the cops....that was it, settled.

Not necessarily with any application to this particular news story, it actually worked, I mean, if you didn't want to get beaten up, you didn't do stupid ****. Pretty simple.

23. iamhammill macrumors 6502

iamhammill

Haha, sounds like the end of a Chuck Norris joke.

24. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

*waits for the roundhouse kick* :eek: :eek:

What were they doing at Denny's? What were they doing at Denny's? Dude, Scram Slam, 3AM. What do you mean, what were they doing at Denny's? :eek: ;) :D

25. iRachel macrumors 6502a

Oy vay - I love my Bears, but they don't need another player with legal troubles...