Football Manager 2006 Gold Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by pknz, Sep 29, 2005.

1. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Today SI released the Gold demo of Football Manager 2006, at present the Mac version is still unavailable (it was meant to have been up 2 hours ago, SI said that there would be 20+ mirrors for FM2006 GD - there is 4 or 5).

They have also changed the release date to 21st October, hooray!

Just letting all you Mac FMers know.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Fantastic. You've just made my day, pknz.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hope its up to par, Ive been play cm and fm since cm 00-01, best games EVER made, even beter then WoW, It was listed in a UK magazine 7th biggest reason for divorce in the UK. The only thing missing is a better graphics engline, come on sigames lets see some 3D.

5. pknz thread starter macrumors 68020

pknz

Ok for all you couch managers:

Download

Or Download

Visit SI Games for more information and mirrors, but SI are not hosting the files.

6. widgetguy macrumors regular

7. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

How does it work on G4 mac's as i can see the reccomended specs are a 1.8ghz G5,

Shadow

8. timmyb macrumors 6502

I have just downloaded it but when I double click on it, i get a message saying there is no default app. (it is a .sit file.) What should I do?

9. pknz thread starter macrumors 68020

pknz

My download is a disk image, try put .dmg to the end of the file.

The game runs smooth on a 2GHz iMac with 1.5GB RAM, haven't tried it on a G4.

Compared to FM2005 this version seems alot lot less buggy.

10. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Do you have StuffIt Expander?

If you're running Panther you should already have it. If you're running Tiger, you'll need to download and install it first, as it's not included.

11. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Thanks for the links. I will see how it works on a G4 once I get it going.

12. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Im about to download and play on my mac mini in sig, will report back on how it works...

ShadoW

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Traditionally you can get away with using the game on an older system... for example, I'm currently running FM 2005 on my 500mhz G3 iBook, which is below the recommended system requirements. I just can't run too many leagues at the same time, that's all. ;)

14. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

How many do you run, it seems that it would run horribly slow.

15. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Update---> Works pretty good on my mac mini(lags from time to time but in general little time is spent loading), the real release will probably be faster as the demo's are always a bit slower,
    ShadOW :)

16. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I gave it a go running all seven English leagues and the Welsh Premier in Full Detail, so eight in total. It didn't run too badly to be honest, although I've found the 2D match is a little jerky no matter how many or few you run. Otherwise, it was a little slow but not horribly so – it was at an acceptable speed and was certainly playable. I generally play on my G5 but break the iBook out for a bit of a play if I've got a train or coach journey looming.

17. pknz thread starter macrumors 68020

pknz

I find FM2006 2D engine the tiniest bit jerky running on my iMac. Open up anothe application and the jerkyness increases 10 fold.

This annoys me as it was like this for FM2005 on my iMac aswell, however on my HP Compaq, with a Celeron M at around 1.6GHZ and 512MB RAM it played a lot smoother.

18. Joe11 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have just downloaded the Strawberry demo for my new Mac but when i try to open it it says there is no default application and wants me to choose one. I aint got the faintest idea what ive got to use to open it so...any help....please!

19. pknz thread starter macrumors 68020

pknz

Erm, I think it comes down as a .dmg (disc image) you can open this up with Disc Utility and should mount on the desktop. Then just copy the FM folder onto your Hard drive and vuala.

Anyway. Was oing to resurrect this forum as it officially is released in a day. And a few lucky pre-orderers have recieved there copies early. For the rest of us we will have to wait a bit more. Also I suspect SI will release a patch for it promptly.

20. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

I got an editorial review copy staight from the PR dept the other day, It is an awesome game!!!!

21. pknz thread starter macrumors 68020

pknz

Argh! You lucky sod! [/ENVY]

Yes it is a truly great game. Most annoying part for me bar the bugs in it, is the fact they always release it close to exams!

22. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

FM 2005 on iMac

A question for those playing FM05 on an iMac G5: how high your G5 temperature go when you play? On my mac is is usually around 77C, but it can go up to 80C. I'm not sure this is good, so now I avoid those 5-6 hour long sessions I used to have on my pc. (I guess that's healthier though).

No performance problems otherwise.. but I'm curious about fm06.

23. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I wouldnt worry too much about the iMac's temperature, it is probably innacurate anyway, just go ahead and play, you know youy have a problem if you smell burning or the machine switches off automatically, which is higly unlikely so go for it,

Shadow

24. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

A question to those who have the retail version. I think they only sell a hybrid PC/Mac version (right?), but are there all the languages in this version? I'm not sure if the version I can buy via Amazon has the German language or if it's only English (and perhaps Spanish and French or whatever).

25. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Yep, it comes as a hybrid PC/Mac disk. For what it's worth, FM2005 came with Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish localisations, and I've certainly seen nothing to suggest that things are going to change with FM2006 – even if they were to prune off some of the languages I'd be surprised to see German go.

I'm looking very forward to my little trip to the shops tomorrow dinner time...
    :p

EDIT: Just to follow up on the language question Veldek, I've got my hands on a copy and the CD does indeed include all the languages – including German! :)