Football Manager 2006 Player and Tactic recomendation Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadowmoses, Nov 18, 2005.

1. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

As I just got FM2006 and I am a bit lost on who to buy and what tactics to play I thought some you guys could give me some help and reccomend some bargain buys and good tactics??

Thanks,

Shadow

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Who are you playing as? The team and league you pick are going to have a huge bearing on any recommendations. Tempting Ronaldinho or Wayne Rooney to sign for you might not be too tricky if you're Real Madrid, but if you're playing as Cowdenbeath in the Scottish Third persuading them to join you might prove a little tougher... ;)

3. shadowmoses thread starter macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Thats true Jaffa i forgot to mention I am playing as Manchester United,

Thanks,

SHadow

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, my first bit of advice would be to keep hold of Roy Keane... ;)

To be honest, I've not many players to recommend for the likes of United for the simple reason that I normally play much further down the league ladder (I prefer the challenge of starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up the leagues), but you could do worse than to take a look at the likes of Frank Lampard, Rodrigo Palacio (a fast dual-footed striker), or Rafael Sobis (another talented young striker).

As for tactics, I've always done alright with an attack minded 4-3-1-2, with a creative attacking midfielder playing just behind the two strikers. Might be a useful role for you to try Rooney in? At the end of the day though, you're much better off looking at what your players are capable of and formulating tactics around their strengths and weaknesses, rather than trying to shoehorn them into a system they may be unsuitable for...

For some indepth advice you could try taking a look at the FM 2006 forums – there are a couple for tactics and player recommendations that might be worth a look.

Good luck! :)

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Update FM to 6.0.1 if you haven't already

GK- Kasper Smichael (Man City)
    DC- Anothony Vanden Borre (Anderlecht)
    DC- Vincent Kompany (Anderlecht)
    DMC- Freddy Guarin (Boca Juniors)
    ST - Carlos Tevez (Corinthians)

Tactis look at Jeps tactics on the sigames Training and Tactics forum. Got Le Havre to 5th in French Seconds devision, however, I have currently had only 1 win this season (2nd season) with this tactic from 6 games.