Football Manager 2007

Discussion in 'Games' started by mcmadhatter, Sep 28, 2006.

1. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

Football Manager 2007 will be coming soon!! (one month today) :)

Universal Binary - And rumor has it dual core support !!

Feeder Clubs
    - You can establish your club as the small team who receives loan players from a larger club or a large club looking for support getting your youngsters match experience by loaning them out.

Player Interaction - You can now talk to any player in the world via the media.

Team Talks - Now improved and Pre-match team talks will now be making their first appearance in Football Manager

Youth Revamp - A complete revamp of youth teams sees full youth squads for each team that has a youth set-up

Who is everyone going to play as in their first game?

2. Queso macrumors G4

Silly question for me. The same club as in 2006 :)

Jim Gannon's Blue and White Army!!!

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'll admit to getting rather excited about FM2007's imminent release. I've looked at all the possibilities, weighed up the pros and cons, and my new team will be...

Scarborough FC :)

Plying their trade in the lowest playable division in England, with barely enough players to form a squad, a crummy ground, no money, minimal support and, best of all, they'll be starting the season with a 10-point deduction for a breach of league rules. Plus of course, they have to deal with living in the shadow of the mighty Hull City who are just down the coast.

I'm a firm believer that the best way to play this game is to make it as difficult as for yourself as possible. Start out right at the very bottom, and fight your way to the top. I like a challenge. ;)

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Football Manager in all its incarnations so far (2) have been extremely unstable on my mac. 2006 was so bad I stopped playing it altogether. Even with all the patches it still randomly crashed all the time.

I REALLY hope this one is going to be much more stable. If not I wont be buying it again. :mad:

Just for pure bragging rights - I designed the Football Manager logo :D

Take a look see at my portfolio http://www.stuartluff.co.uk

5. Queso macrumors G4

That's a good point. Maybe I'll play as Cheadle Town for a change.

Or do you think Stockport is difficult enough? :D

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I can't believe you've not mentioned that before. :D ;)

By the way, mcmadhatter – have you picked yourself a team out yet, and if so who?

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Ive only mentioned it once but it was recently. :p Oh and I won £10,000 for my trouble. (i mentioned that too) :D

8. Queso macrumors G4

I'm seriously impressed. To think I've had your work in my home all this time and never realised :)

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You're at least guaranteed six points from playing Grimsby, so I suppose that'll make League Two life a little easier. :D

10. Queso macrumors G4

The Mighty Mariners. I think the last time my County met them we won 2 - 0. BTW, does anyone else get really into the game and cheer when their team scores, or is that just me? :eek: :D

11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Only in the big games. I also cheered when FM2006 didnt crash (not often).

12. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Stockport will be well easy with our super Loanee Glenn Murray on the case. Promotion it is.

I will of course be the Mighty Northern Blues, Come on Carlisle! I can't wait, I have a week booked off work! yey! :D

Edit - Yup, cheer, just around the room, do my own commentry... The usual...

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I do. Actually, it's more of a clenched fist and a snarled 'yes!' whenever one of my young stars finds the back of the net.

Miss Jaffa Cake just sits there on the settee and giggles. :D

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

My My, Hull City... Stockport... Where would the football league be without Ex or Current Carlisle players, eh? lol

15. Queso macrumors G4

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!

Real World

I won't be happy the day you take Murray back. He's developed a fantastic upfront partnership with our own striker Adam Le Fondre and I've got a nasty feeling Alfy will need some adjustment time when Glenn heads off back to Cumbria. Do you think you can hold it together and keep in the playoff spots?

Okay, back to talking about "virtual" footie :)

16. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, the Hijacking would be my fault... but I see he didn't even get into the squad on Tuesday, shame. Any reason why? As for promotion, we've been going like a steam train since we got relegated and we don't like stopping any time soon, we played reallllllllly bad on Tuesday against Blackpool and still won and scored twice, which are the kind of results you need when chasing promotion. We'll see I guess.

... But yeah, Football Manager...

17. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Indeed. I loves me some Michael Bridges. ;)

18. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

anddddd the thread is derailed... anyway tho, hows he doing? We were all devastaed when Bridgey went, just as we thought we'd held on to him as well. Not doing so bad without him tho I guess

19. Queso macrumors G4

Minor ankle injury I heard. He should be fit for Saturday's game though.

That is, if he doesn't get "the call" tomorrow :eek:

20. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, Bridges has scored a goal which is more than most of our team (The Beast excepted) can claim. He's doing alright for us, and I'm delighted he's joined us – he's just not getting the service at the moment, but don't get me started on that one. :eek:

21. mcmadhatter thread starter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

Its a toss up between FC Hacken (in Sweden) , or Bristol City, FC Hacken are a challenge as they are only semi pro so you can't buy any good players :)

22. mcmadhatter thread starter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

Your welcome to our rejects :D

23. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Not so bad I guess. Call could come, we're in a catch 22 at the moment up here, have a serious lack of strikers since Bridges got stolen from us :p and we have a youth team player on the bench, but as you say, Murray is doing well and I know te gaffer don't really want to bring him back atm. I think he should be ok long as we don't pick up any up front related injuries.

I hear it was a hell of a goal as well Jaffa, still rooted to the bottom tho. I know what thats like, hope the rest of the season goes better.

24. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The semi-pro thing is a biggie. I'm playing as Harrogate Town in my FM2006 save at the moment, and although things were going reasonably well for me it really took off when my players went full-time. Obviously I was able to attract in a better quality of player, and it was surprising how well the players I had improved when they started training each day.

The trials and tribulations of lower-league management, eh? :p

Thanks – hopefully things will pick up. Still, Taylor's coming back with Palace on Saturday, and I've got a horrible feeling we're going to lose the game thanks to a Leon Cort header... :eek:

25. mcmadhatter thread starter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

Lower league management is the way forward, maeks the game so much more fun, premiership is a bit pointless and easy , especially after a season or two. Taking No hope clubs like Hereford United to the champions league final, now there is fun.