Football Season cancelled

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Sep 23, 2003.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

this was actually in my town, involving people i knew. it's really sickening what these kids did. they also used duct tape and icy hot, which doesn't seem to be mentioned in any articles. around here it's been talked about to death, i don't really know what else there is to say, except that i can't comprehend the pain these freshman went through. the only reason that anybody found out about it was because one of the victims had to tell his mom because he was still bleeding a week after the incident, and he needed surgery to stop it.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

this is just not right.....period.

what were they thinking? And I feel sorry for who ever was the coach.....can't imagine what must be going through his head....:(

D

4. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Wasn't it just 6 months ago all of those senior girls were suspended during prom for beating up the junior girls at a Powderpuff football game?

Sick stuff....

I'll Never understand hazing...

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

damnnnn, thats f'd up. thats worse than that hazing incident if this is true. i wouldnt want people like that playing football either, what do they do when they lose.

iJon

6. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

7. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

sadly, it is true. just to let everyone know how f'd up this is, they rubbed the golf balls and pine cones in icy hot, rammed 'em up there with boomsticks, and duct taped it shut. they also used duct tape to remove hair from certain places of the victims' body. these kids need serious help, hopefully they don't get off easy with this.

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

they should do time for that, i hope parents press charges. i mean stuff like that can mess with those kids minds for the rest of their lives. i hope suspension or being expelled is the only thing they do.

iJon

9. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Messed up. I can understand Icy-Hot, it doesnt really injure you but it hurts.

We didn't really have that much hazing when I was a frosh playing football. We had the "gauntlet" at the end of the year, where a Varsity player got to pick a frosh player, and the frosh would stand 20 yards back and the varsity guy would go full speed and hit him.

nobody called me out hehe.

10. saint macrumors regular

Can someone explain what is hazing, and what is icy-hot?

11. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

hazing is when upperclassmen pick on freshmen and sophomores

icy hot is a creme stuff that you put on sore muscles that gives them hot and cold sensations and makes them feel better.

12. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

boy. and i thought the story from my old high school where the kids held a frosh down and smacked their balls off his forehead was pretty bad....

this is just sick. I think high school/youth sports have gotten out of hand immensely. Blah

13. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Just a reflection on society at large:

Profanity is up on prime time tv.
    Trash tv is bigger than ever.
    Advertising is all about "in your face" selfishness and one upmanship.
    People are ruder than ever before.
    Parental guidence is at an all time low.
    Rotten behaviour is glorified in the news and in music.

Oh, one could go on and on, right?

Hazing...give me a break. We're a nation bored to tears and, as such, engage in our own crapulence. What the heck happened after 9/11 anyway? Does anyone remember our behaviour those two weeks after that horrific day? People drove the speed limit. Everyone opened doors for each other. People smiled and said "Hello" to each other more. It's as if the entire friggin' nation went to charm school, and it was beautiful to see.

Then we were all urged to "go back to our normal way of life." Over and over we were told by our presidient and our leaders to move forward, to get past this tragedy, and to live our lives.

Well, we sure did, didn't we?

14. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I've never understood the purpose of hazing. I never considered joining my friend's fraternity or the local Christian house due to hazing (nothing remotely dangerous--mostly just silly--but pointless nevertheless). It seems to me that if a person's application is accepted (or makes tryouts in the case of sports), that should be ENOUGH. The person in question has proven he is qualified for membership, why humiliate him for being qualified?

15. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Because it happened to the seniors when they were freshmen...they gotta get their "payback" or whatever you wanna call it...its self perpetuating.