For a good laugh...

Discussion in 'Community' started by patrick0brien, Aug 1, 2003.

1. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop
    In a fit of wierdness, I just spent some time reading the forum at just to see what some anti-apple folks think and do.

Yes, I know there are a lot more Macs fans than there are PC fans. By "Fans" I mean folks like us who will evangelize, and attempt to inform the other side, if not outright try to switch them.

As of my reading a few minutes ago, they have only 557 posts (earliest on seems to be from January), and it's some pretty funny stuff.

It's an excellent illustration on the difference in attitude of the Mac users and the PC users. Might be good for a term paper for somebody.

Some observations:
    There are a lot more PC users out there than Mac users (some are both :D ) - it's interesting that they don't have more to say. They're points are very dry - if not completely wrong.

These guys seem tired in their arguments - we seem to never have enough to say.

I was tempted to say "Hey, let's get evil and kill 'em with a post-blitz" but logic overrulled. That's presicely what we shouldn't do - because we'd confirm the misconception of being zealots. I didn't even sign up, let them think what they will - they are the tired, and few.

Oh, well, I found it entertaining, so I though I'd post it for y'all.
  2. johnnowak macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2003
    New York, New York
    Would be nice if they could keep their server running...
  3. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Probably running a windoze server, and you know how often those crash! :D :D :D
  4. patrick0brien thread starter macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop

Yeah, they wouldn't want to pull a Microsoft and host a UNIX (OS X) bashing site on a UNIX box would they.

You reap what you sow...
  5. pivo6 macrumors 68000

Dec 2, 2002
    Thanks for the link. I got a chuckle as to how pathetic most of their threads are. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Patrick, you're right in not responding. It really isn't worth your time or energy. Just leave 'em on the corner where they won't harm anyone except themselves.
  6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Mac vs. PC flamewars are always good for a laugh. I try to stay out of them because they seem to always be between 14 year olds who don't know a damn thing about either system (or 24 year olds who don't know a damn thing about either system)
  7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Yeah thanks for the link.

I'll have some fun at their place/

8. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    ah huh!! i finally found one fault with patrick!! i thought you had no faults!

:D :D :D :D :D

just kidding, man. yeah, the site was pretty amusing. not worth the effort of "fighting" them. there's no reasoning with them. it's like trying to teach something complicated to a baby...
  9. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Jul 1, 2003
    hehe the first page is already pretty hilarious actually...unfortunately i can't really see anything else b/c i don't have flash installed for my Mozilla Firebird.

A trade-off for less ads :(
  10. Macco macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2003
    Ok I had to point this out:
    Notice how there is but not It's because PC users are negative, and Mac users are positive (I guess all those kernal panics can really drive a person to the edge). Clearly, Mac users are superior to PC users. We win! Yay!
  11. 5300cs macrumors 68000

Nov 24, 2002
    someone go register the Mac haters club sucks club, and then link to them :)

or let's go beat them up on the playground after school