For people with decreased battery life, try this.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dictoresno, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 68030

Apr 30, 2012
    I've been getting horrible battery life on my iphone 5, as are alot of other people. Ive turned off all unnecessary location services and tried all other battery saving options. I even went so far as restoring twice as new with no help.

This morning, I was trying to get rid of the "other" space on my ipad mini, which grew to almost 2GB. I decided to do an itunes backup, restore, then restore from that backup. I was able to chop my "other" in half, but also I noticed that my battery life stabilized. I definitely noticed that the battery wasnt dropping as fast when browsing as it was when I had restored as new. Also, the battery didnt budge when I let it sit idle on my desk for hours, where it would usually drop by 1-2%.

I decided to do the same with my iphone 5 and sure enough, the battery life has definitely seemed to stabilize a bit vs setting up as new. I was totally surprised. But anyone seeing bad drain, give it a shot. Not as painful as setting up as new, and doesnt take as long.