For Sale: LOADED Pismo/500/60GB/640MB/DVD/Airport/Warranty

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by DannyZR2, May 6, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2001
    I've got an extremely well taken care of Pismo 500 Powerbook that originally shipped for $2999 in December 2001. Also purchased with a 3-year CompUSA full warranty ($499)

Since then I've upgraded the internal 20GB Toshiba Hard Drive with a newer 40GB Toshiba HD and put the spare 20GB in an Xcaret expansion bay module so that it can be used in conjunction with the 40GB internal drive, for a total of 60GB hard drive space! UNDOABLE in the new Titanium Powerbooks!

Also, I've put in a 512MB pc100 RAM chip from crucial memory in the upper slot, adding to the 128MB already installed underneath for a total of 640MB RAM!

It also comes with a new revision 128-bit / Cisco LEAP enabled Airport card for wireless networking. (included but will take off $100 if not wanted)

The Apple/LG DVD player works perfectly, reads both DVD's and CD's flawlessy. The condition of the laptop is perfect except I am missing one of the rubber feet.

REmember, this has a transferable warranty with CompUSA (any location) and if something breaks or goes bad, it will be replaced by them at no charge to you. This is a VERY good way to be sure you will be able to keep this very expandable powerbook in PERFECT shape!

If you've got any questions, email me: -- I'm selling it to upgrade to a new/used DP800 Powermac (still looking) so I can do my video projects and burn DVD's.

Standard specs are follows:

100mhz buss
    500mhz G3 processor
    2 Firewire ports
    2 USB ports
    10/100 ethernet port
    1 PCMCIA Type II slot
    Airport ready (airport card already installed as well)
    S-Video out (comes with S-Video-composite video adapter)
    VGA output (comes with VGA adapter as well)
    14.1" TFT LCD monitor (has 1 stuck pixel, but can be replaced under warranty)
    5 Hour battery (has been replaced with brand new one under warranty)

Selling for $1600
    Comes with pleather slim case/usb kensington mouse/Case Logic "sleeve" and all original softare CD's (OS X also preinstalled)
  2. macrumors 68020

Oct 28, 2001
    Greensboro, NC
    be careful what you advertise, just to warn you. although you may have gotten a battery from your warranty by grace of you know who, neither the compUSA nor the Apple warranties cover the battery.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2001
    Wow.. thanks for the tip. I didn't know this.. but they certainly, after talking to many at CompUSA had no problem replacing it. and it came from apple!.. I am glad, and the person who buys this from me will be too, cause the new one I got is working great!
  4. macrumors 68040

I wish I could buy that.(Hmm always the college fund)