for those among us who pray...

Discussion in 'Community' started by krossfyter, Feb 7, 2003.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

I saw today on the news that President Bush has openly asked for prayer. How amazing and wonderful that he would do that.It moved me such that I wanted to share that request with you all. Mindful of the current situation with Iraq, our President has requested the prayers of those he has been called to lead. I would like to encourage you to take time this evening, or in the days ahead, to gather with your household in prayer for the leadership of our nation. President Bush specifically requests prayer for:
    Wisdom for he and his advisors as he considers leading the effort to disarm Saddam in light of the safety of our people and the peace of the world. The soldiers who are being deployed to be acutely aware of the value of their training, their honor and the appreciation of the American people. May God's strength, help and protection literally dwell with our troops. The leaders of the FBI, the CIA, Homeland Security and the Department of Defense as they follow the President's orders to develop a Terrorist Threat Integration Center that will gather and analyze information about all kinds of threats to America in one place. Pray that God will guide them in the process of making our nation safe from terrorist threats. For our nation, pray that America will realize that it is mightiest when on its knees. May this be the year that America turns back to God.Thank you for your time and concern. We are grateful that God has placed a man of faith in the White House and we celebrate the freedom we enjoy in America to pray openly.May God continue to bless America.

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Will do my man. Will do.

I do it on a daily basis.

3. job macrumors 68040

job

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I pray for President Bush 4/day. Have been since befor 9/11. I would ask that the holy spirit would be with our President George W. Bush at this time of war. That you would give him and his advisors the wisdom, the courage, and the knowledge to do what is right in your eyes. For you oh Lord are soverign and can defeat those enemies that we have in the government, in the media, in this country, and around the world. For you plan cannot be thwarted.

5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

What is that supposed to mean?

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That God/Jesus Christ are in control, I put it all up to them.

7. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

No, I meant who are the enemies in the government/media/USA you speak of?

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i will pray as well guys.i may even have a couple of friends that may have to go to war so pray for them as well. thanks guys.

iJon

9. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i wonder what the people in iraq are praying for...possibly praying that the US doesn't destroy there country. well i don't believe in god, but if i did i would pray for the people in iraq, the innocent there whose lives may get turned upside down.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Tom Daschle, Dick Gephart, Nancy Pelosi, Teddy Kennedy, John Kerry, Peter Jennings, Tom Brokaw, & Dan Rather. A brief list. But my prayer is not specific, God will deal with my enemies, Jesus told us to pray for our enemies.

11. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Wow. You're even crazier than Ovi!

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I want to see this country remain strong, freedom of religion, strong Constitution, & especially not being governed by the United Nations. If our country is evil it will not last.

13. Choppaface macrumors 65816

the question is does he really take politics on such a personal level, or is he trying to piss off the reds here for his own entertainment? i have a hard time believe that anybody could be such a 'political fanb0y' :eek: :eek:

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

render onto caeser what is caesar's

render onto god what is god's

the above people wdlove mentioned as enemies, i assume, are to his political point of view, and it looks like he is getting it mixed up with religious views

the constitution doles out policy, and the bible is a guide for life and sometimes it is hard to tell which is which

politically, i prefer the democrats and as long as a politician is bringing out a point of view they think is going to help, they are exercising free speech...and that is what is america's friend...not just the gop, the dems, or a third party

i just talked to a christian who was absolutely convinced we were in the last days and that george bush was the anti christ...his reasoning for that was because we were having spring in the wintertime and that there was trouble in the middle east

go figure

15. professor macrumors newbie

... Can't you post that religious garbage in forums where it belongs? I promise I won't bother you there with computer talk.

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

community discussion area is for just about any topic and as you stay here longer at macrumors, you will see that every topic is covered from the religious threads, to sex, to politics, to music, to sports, to cars, to gender issues, to pizza, to poop...which pizza eventually becomes;)

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

18. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

HELLO "COMMUNITY DISCUSSION"

learn the meaning of that please.

and 'garbage' is relative.

19. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Our leaders definitely need our prayers, to those that are given more, more is expected. From comments by George Bush, he feels the prayers that are sent his way. Thank you also! :)

21. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am sure glad i am not him...bush needs our prayers and god's help to get through this mess

though i personally don't want us to invade iraq, it may happen in the future and if we get stuck over there, i pray that the troops get home safely

in most circumstances, the best support for our troops is to keep them home...i have friends who may likely be shipped over there since there is an army linguist school in our area with students who learn arabic and will have to go there if we have an extended war in the middle east

they came to serve the united states against its enemies and i am not sure if iraq is an "enemy" of us at this time...i also don't think north korea is an "enemy"

now bin laden, that is a different story...he attacked us and there is a justifiable reason to go after him

22. professor macrumors newbie

... so you guys who preach christianity: Who prays for all those thousands of children, little children who ask their parents why somebody from far away is throwing bombs on them to kill them? What do their mothers and grandmothers tell them whom you are killing with your support of some trigger-happy politicians who are just paying off their debts to the oil companies?
    Could you look at the big brown eyes of a four-year old and tell them, just like so many of those so-called Christians did in so many instances before you that they're no humans, only white peoples are?
    Could you picture those old people in nursing homes, sick people in the hospitals, school teachers in their class rooms?
    Do you honestly believe that the Pope, too, belongs on your hate list, because he also opposes your war?
    Did it EVER cross your little mind that just your silly so-called Christian position causes all that hatred against America? Did it ever occur to you that your arrogant stance is at the root of terrorisms against the U.S A.? That you, in fact, are the terrorist?
    It probably never did and never will.
    Start thinking, use your own brains. You make me sick, sick, sick. And sad.

23. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Dear sir or madam,

Your comment has been intercepted and interpreted by the automated digital filtering system of the Department of Homeland Security as being of possible concern to the integrity of U.S. national security. Per section 6 of the Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (PATRIOT) Act, our agents will be arriving shortly. Please remain where you are.

Sincerely,
    John Ashcroft
    Attorney General of the United States of America

24. howard macrumors 68020

howard

hahahahahahaha! thats great...

but i really do agree with a lot of what he said

25. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

welcome aboard glad you can contribute to a discussion in religion or faith and not using the "this does not belong in a mac forum" argument. lol

your words, ideas, preferences, view and anger etc. etc. have been heard before... nothing new.

if i told you the truth.. you wouldnt believe it.

there is no use. we will just disagree. you have such a stereotypical view of christianity and christians.... much like views ive heard expressed thousands of times over in junior high or high school.

but who cares right... we all just spit out opinions. why should it bother you... if what i say is not true. dont fret too much. its not true to you.. so dont worry about it.

just for the record.

prayer is for everyone.. even for our enemies.

i guess you cant understand the depths of that. dont blame us.