For those familiar with my story...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by milky23, Feb 1, 2006.

1. milky23 macrumors regular

If you remember me, I was the fellow who's Mac was bled on by a well-intentioned repairman. My story is told here;

http://www.lowfatblog.com/?p=37
    the thread - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=174854&page=1

Well, my replacement came.

I inspected the shipping receipt provided on the box. "Hmm, strange," I thought. The label said they shipped a 2.0ghz iMac, but I knew that the G5 had a 2.1ghz processor. I shrugged it off, thinking that they had perhaps rounded the number off. I was wrong. As I carefully unfolded the box, the words “Core Duo” shine in my eye with a radiant and perhaps heavenly glow.

In a strange turn of events that I can only honestly attribute to the loving hand of God, I am now the owner of an iMac Core Duo 20″. Somehow, Apple shipped me an Intel Mac rather than a G5.

2. cnakeitaro macrumors 6502

Congratulations! (If you wanted an intel machine...)
    I got to play with one and I loved it.

3. milky23 thread starter macrumors regular

4. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

if only i could have a brand new intel machine for the price of a g5. you were lucky. I have seen apple give people with ipod problems give them their version even if it hasn't been sold for six months.

5. cnakeitaro macrumors 6502

Apple paid a convenience fee. Sending out a tech who knows nothing about iMacs was bad enough, but he nearly broke it trying to get inside and then left his DNA all over the machine. After that repair guy was thru with it, it devalued by 50%. They screwed up, and repaid him with interest. I have to say that would brighten up my day and my ideas about Apple when they bump up your machine like that.