Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sura

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
I saw some posts on reddit regarding this tweak, Speak Notification. I'm not so interested in having my notifications spoken to me as I am trying to find a tweak that will send the notification chime to the iphone speaker when bluetooth is connected. Can anyone using this tweak confirm this for me?

It would seem doable...it's curious that regular notification sounds are routed to the bluetooth only but alert (alarm) sounds are routed to the iphone speaker and the bluetooth is muted. On Android, this is easy.

sura

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Well, Speak Notification has been updated to include routing notifications to phone speaker with bluetooth or wired earbuds connected. This is a great update for me!! The lack of this ability was a major gripe for me (at Apple). I've been testing it for two days and it works - although it's a compromize in that you do get to hear the notification sound through the phone speaker, it's overlaid with a voice. I've got the voice minimized to speak only the app name which makes it less annoying for me. Others probably want the voice read-out but that's not my preference. The Dev has been very responsive. I requested this feature last month and here it is!! I recommend this highly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.