Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Ahhh lucky!!! I had a long conversation today with apple customer relations which tried very hard to get me the upgrade, but apple store support said no no no :( he even had his boss talk to them and the answer was still no.

Did you tell them about people around the world getting the FREE SSD?

Well, I am still surprised since it seems more than fiction since I am the only one so far having his HDD version shipped :confused:

What about that comment about the HDD NOT passing the EMC tests at the Taiwanese Apple site?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Great news indeed. And this is before the stores are getting them. That's new for sure.

michaeldavid

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did you tell them about people around the world getting the FREE SSD?

Well, I am still surprised since it seems more than fiction since I am the only one so far having his HDD version shipped :confused:

What about that comment about the HDD NOT passing the EMC tests at the Taiwanese Apple site?

Yep I mentioned it. That was only for the people who ordered in october. He tried really hard getting approval to upgrade it and got it but apple store support told him no way they're upgrading it. I'm guessing apple store support thinks they don't have to listen to customer relations. Anyways it says it ships dec 19th now I really really hope it comes in before xmas eve.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Woohoo! My MBA is in Shanghai CN!
no free SSD upgrade here- but that's ok. As long as it's coming, I'm all set. :)
Here they all come everybody!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Woohoo! My MBA is in Shanghai CN!
no free SSD upgrade here- but that's ok. As long as it's coming, I'm all set. :)
Here they all come everybody!

Completely impressed! Wonder what the hold up was though.

michaeldavid

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
O yahhh my 1.86/120HDD is finally "Prepared for shipping" :), it seems they use fedex as the carrier., I hope it's international priority service because I chose the expedited option so it'll come tuesday from shanghai

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
So that means you should be able to get one at your local friendly Apple store next week sometime if you play your cards right!:D

I'm just overall excited that it's coming... finally after all of this waiting!
I just tracked it again and it's in AK. It's estimated time to be on my front doorstep is on Wednesday.

I will definitely make an update to you guys about what I get. :D
I do also wonder if it will be in the Apple Store in my area...

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I'm just overall excited that it's coming... finally after all of this waiting!
I just tracked it again and it's in AK. It's estimated time to be on my front doorstep is on Wednesday.

I will definitely make an update to you guys about what I get. :D
I do also wonder if it will be in the Apple Store in my area...

Mine is also coming on Wednesday instead of Monday :(

For some reason, I am sick and tired already of the waiting and I kind of lost my excitement, but I am sure that I would be :eek: if it does NOT over heat :D I have had many bad experiences with the rev A!

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!
Mine is also coming on Wednesday instead of Monday :(

For some reason, I am sick and tired already of the waiting and I kind of lost my excitement, but I am sure that I would be :eek: if it does NOT over heat :D I have had many bad experiences with the rev A!

You will love it much better then the A, I also had a nightmare rev A

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
My MBA is almost here guys!
It's about 5 towns away at my local FedEx!
I wonder if it will come today instead of Wednesday as estimated on FedEx...
I'm crossing my fingers!

Should I post my findings on this thread or are you guys interested to ask plenty of questions in a new thread for a 1.6GHz 2GB 120HDD MBA? I'm open to anything you guys desire to know. :)

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Mine is 15 minutes drive away :eek:

Shall I go and pick it up now :D

It might be delivered while I am away from home :rolleyes:

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
My MBA is almost here guys!
It's about 5 towns away at my local FedEx!
I wonder if it will come today instead of Wednesday as estimated on FedEx...
I'm crossing my fingers!

Should I post my findings on this thread or are you guys interested to ask plenty of questions in a new thread for a 1.6GHz 2GB 120HDD MBA? I'm open to anything you guys desire to know. :)

Probably a new thread would be best. This is a waiting thread.... Looks like your wait is almost over!:D

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Probably a new thread would be best. This is a waiting thread.... Looks like your wait is almost over!:D

Lol- my wait is almost over!
I have just created a thread for anyone who would like an update and to ask any questions.
I will edit the post once my MBA has been received. :D

*UPDATE* : On FedEx truck for delivery!

Does anyone around here even have this MBA spec?

irvine.kwong

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008
Hong Kong
It looks like Apple has finally solved the problem. It shows "estimated Ship: 1-3 business days" for the 120GB HDD model here in the Hong Kong Apple Store.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
It looks like Apple has finally solved the problem. It shows "estimated Ship: 1-3 business days" for the 120GB HDD model here in the Hong Kong Apple Store.

That's a very good sign though!
Still 2-3 weeks for shipping here at the U.S. Online Apple Store.

And guess what... my MBA is finally here!!!
I'm not at home at the moment though. I'll be home at three. I'll give another update in the new thread I made. :D

andyOSX

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2008
Vancouver, BC
My 1.86 120GB HD was ordered on Dec 6th and was supposed to ship on Dec 30 and arrive by Jan 6. IT JUST SHIPPED YESTERDAY and will be here by thursday the 18th!!!! Did not expect that!!!! I guess they do have whatever was holding back these HDs worked out!

ashowkati

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Wow, mine has also shipped today! Original ship date was 12/26. I should have mine by Friday.

mhobelsb

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2008
got mine (1,86, 120GB HDD) yesterday. Week 50. Have both, the lines and the flickering. And i can´t finde that monitor profile (checked the box but still have only three profiles to choose from).

damn... don´t know what to do... send it back and hope for a better model? mhmm... quite disapointed...

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I opened my 1.6/120 MBA and I GOT THE LINES!
Screen model 00009C9A

Attached are two photos I took for your pleasure :(

:apple: made me so :mad: with this low production value. Why would they break a wonderful screen :confused:

BTW, this screen suffers from a lot of light bleed on top and bottom but I was okay with that since I was so happy that I finally got a perfect MBA without any scratches or dents since I had many bad experiences with the rev A. However, these lines are even worse.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 82

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I opened my 1.6/120 MBA and I GOT THE LINES!
Screen model 00009C9A

Attached are two photos I took for your pleasure :(

:apple: made me so :mad: with this low production value. Why would they break a wonderful screen :confused:

BTW, this screen suffers from a lot of light bleed on top and bottom but I was okay with that since I was so happy that I finally got a perfect MBA without any scratches or dents since I had many bad experiences with the rev A. However, these lines are even worse.

Maybe Apples got your name on the "naughty" list.;) Hard luck regardless.

Antti

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm also waiting my 1,6 Air 120 HDD but I ordered it from large department store in Helsinki, Finland (because they had huge -20% of everything campaign) so I can just sit and wait their call. They told me that they made their order on October..

But i checked from Finnish Apple Store deliver times for Airs and they are:

1,6 with 120 HDD - 2 weeks
1,86 with 120 HDD - 3 days
1,86 with 128 SSD - less than 24 hours

So the problem seems to be the also the 1,6 processor?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm also waiting my 1,6 Air 120 HDD but I ordered it from large department store in Helsinki, Finland (because they had huge -20% of everything campaign) so I can just sit and wait their call. They told me that they made their order on October..

But i checked from Finnish Apple Store deliver times for Airs and they are:

1,6 with 120 HDD - 2 weeks
1,86 with 120 HDD - 3 days
1,86 with 128 SSD - less than 24 hours

So the problem seems to be the also the 1,6 processor?

No it is not a problem with the 1.6 processor. It's the fact that they were essentially backordered since the date of release. Apple completely screwed up on this one, people continued to order and when word got out that some were upgraded to the SSD after only ordering the 1.6 HDD model, more people ordered hoping they'd get the freebie. Therefore, there's no processor issue, there's a supply and demand issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.