iPad mini For those who own the iPad Mini black/slate

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Piccio, Jan 15, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Dec 10, 2012
    After these 2 months and a half, do you notice scratches on the back?

Is the anodized aluminium going well or have you noticed scratches like with the iPhone 5?
  2. macrumors member

Jul 29, 2010
    I've had the black mini since Christmas and only had a Smart Cover on it for the first two weeks and not a scratch and while I don't abuse it I would not say I was overly careful with it. I did get a switch easy back buddy about a week ago and love it.

I also have an iPhone 5 in black since its release and not a scratch.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I've had my iPad mini in black/Slate since mid November and only use the red smart cover on it. I am careful with it but it does get banged around in my messenger bag or backpack and no scratches or marks on it yet.

I've also had the black iPhone 5 since launch day and no scratches or dings at all.
  4. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    No scratches here either. It's been in a case too.
  5. macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2010
    Just get applecare. Its better than worrying about scratches. I still think it's a better buy that glas-t and a rear shield. And you will still have a higher resale value.
  6. macrumors 68000

Dec 8, 2006
    I picked a (beautiful!) black/slate mini up on launch day along with a Smart Cover, but I was concerned about the back (not from any reports of scratches I'd read, just common sense because it's exposed and not protected if you throw it in a bag) so I bought a soft padded case I can slide my mini with Smart Cover into when I take it anywhere.

I use the device daily and there are no scratches on it, or marks or problems at all - it looks brand new still, but I'm not the type of person that mistreats or ignores how he handles/cares for his devices. I'm not the type that demands I or others use gloves when handling my devices either - somewhere in between I suppose.