Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imixmuan

Suspended
Dec 18, 2010
what I meant

by the scroll bars tearing is: as you scroll down the top part of the radio button (not sure if that's the right terminology) "tears" off and stays put. It might be a pecularity to my mac, or might not be, so I mentioned it.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Doesn't happen on mine... By the way, when you downloaded the beta 1, were you by chance in graphite? I messed up on the graphite scrollbars in the first beta, but it is fixed in the next one.

mac57

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
Texas
Wow, I love the look of Tiger vs. Leopard. My G5 Quad has both Tiger and Leopard on it, but I use Tiger as the main environment. I *only* use Leopard for iTunes, as the latest iTunes isn't supported by Tiger (a real shame).

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Yea, Tiger's pretty great! For Me, who can't go past Tiger, I would like a little bit of Leopard or Lion on my old G3 :)

onetongwa

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Hello Mr. Drew

Here is beta 2...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWA99QI9

For the transparent menubar, set the attached app as a startup item for you.

I would like to know if you can direct me to a link holding your Lion theme for Os Tiger. I am very interested in downloading and I recently noticed MegaUploads has been seized. Thank you for any help. I have recently followed a few of your links and look forward to learning more. In the future I can see myself donating to a developer like yourself.

Thank you,
onetongwa :apple:

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I would like to know if you can direct me to a link holding your Lion theme for Os Tiger. I am very interested in downloading and I recently noticed MegaUploads has been seized. Thank you for any help. I have recently followed a few of your links and look forward to learning more. In the future I can see myself donating to a developer like yourself.

Thank you,
onetongwa :apple:

I am glad you are interested, however I no longer have a copy of the theme I made. I'm very sorry :( I've upgraded to Mountain Lion on my MacBook and I restored my old iBook back to tiger and gave it to a friend. I don't develop anymore either, so I won't be able to make another one. I will check again in some of my old USB drives, but I don't think I have it, although you may be able to PM some of the people who posted in this thread and see if they still have a copy...

Again I'm very sorry! Hopefully someone has it somewhere!

madsilencerr

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
I'd rather know if there's a way to make Lion look like Tiger? I found some
image files, "TigerDock", which would make the dark dock bright and nice.
Never got it to work though, has anyone done this? Never found any "Tiger"
theme for ShapeShifter, but it probably doesn't work on Lion anyway now.

You can use ONYX to make Lion Dock look like Tiger Dock

3. Download Like Leopard theme here

Hi @Drew017:

Did you (or anyone else here) happen to hold onto "Like Leopard 8.0" or "Like Leopard 8.1" over the last several years? It was nixed from DeviantArt quite a long time ago, and no one thought to save it to archive.org. This is a theme package worth conserving for the future (and also, well, I'd like to have a look through it!).

Thank you! :)

p.s., I also searched for this theme on the Garden and came up empty-handed.

Last edited:

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Hi @Drew017:

Did you (or anyone else here) happen to hold onto "Like Leopard 8.0" or "Like Leopard 8.1" over the last several years? It was nixed from DeviantArt quite a long time ago, and no one thought to save it to archive.org. This is a theme package worth conserving for the future (and also, well, I'd like to have a look through it!).

Thank you! :)

p.s., I also searched for this theme on the Garden and came up empty-handed.

Drew017 hasn't logged on since 2015, so probably won't be forthcoming.

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
That's fair, and that is also why I opened up the request to anyone who might have been n that thread at the time, in addition to anyone else who incidentally may have grabbed that theme independently of this thread.

I have something very similar. It's attached here.

I also have the original Liger guikit, but this one is better IIRC.

Attachments

• OSX_Leopard_9A527_Theme_by_maximusgratus.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 130

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.