For those with the 2g ipod nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by i0Nic, Sep 16, 2006.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys. I bought a 8gb nano, and I've noticed that the click wheel doesn't feel as solid as my previous nano or 4g ipod. It makes a little clicky noise when i touch it, specifically the right hand side, as if it isn't stuck on properly.

It's not much of an issue but I'd like to know if it's common with these aluminium nano's or maybe I should get it replaced.

2. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Hi, i0Nic

I have the 2GB version and the click wheel does feel completly solid. So i guess that makes it 1-1.

It does click when i press it but my 5G ipod and my brothers 1st Gen nano do that too, so in my case it's just because its a button.

But yeh, mine feels solid. It did however come with a 1/2 mm gash on the front in the aluminium. But it wasn't enough for me to wait another week. I absolutly dig the feel these things have. Metal on hand is soooo much nicer than plastic! Also, the rounded edges are a great improvement than the previous nano's 'straight' sides. Makes it more comfortable to hold, and gives a much greater grip!

I hope yours gets better...

3. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

It just feels kinda loose, like the click wheel isn't attached properly to the body of the nano, pretty annoying.

I think I'll bring it in to an Apple store on Monday :S