For You iBooker's

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CubaTBird, Apr 28, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

For all you people with ibooks similar to mine.. u don't get that cool effect in dashboard at all... though u do get at times a kinda cool swirve effect that pushes the widget from the panel at the bottom, and that can be slowed down.. so not all is lost... when i go to the more widget page though, it asks me for a user name and pass.. is that my login info basically?

2. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    no, Apple has just set up access restrictions to the widgets page to keep prying eyes out.

3. Caramel macrumors newbie

Awesome!!! I love how th ibooks are usually last to get cool things...and bad logic boards! as in the g3s.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ummm, I don't think there's any connection between the fact that Cuba can't get into the widgets section of the Apple site and the fact that he has a G3. I think its more that he isn't a developer? Can you password in with the free level of ADC? Or do you need to go pro? Or is the password restricted to some other group?

5. crackrock macrumors member

crackrock

On a G4 powerbook it just fades and zooms out, not the cool effect it was on the demos. You need a G5 I think

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm pretty sure the effects are GPU-based and not CPU-based though. So maybe a better graphics card would help rather than simply a G5.

7. jhomayne macrumors regular

is it not perhaps the .mac only section?

8. woodsey macrumors regular

Not true! I have a new 15 inch power book, and get the ripple effect!

Its sooo cool. Cant wait to show all my PC friends!!!

9. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I get the ripple on my G4 PowerBook but not my G4 PowerMac which is more powerful than my PowerBook. Bugger. Ah well I aint going to rush out ang get a new graphics card for that just yet!

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's a GPU (graphics card) dependant thing rather than a processor speed thing. That's probably why.

11. iGary Guest

iGary

Correct - nothing to do with the processor. It's a Core Image issue.

It will work fine on my iMac, but not on my MDD G4 or iBook G4 - why? Graphics card s not up to snuff.

Cheers.

12. userannon macrumors newbie

Powerbook 12' over here and I get the ripple effect, nice touch. I kinda liked konfabulator a little better. Some of the widgets were nice, like the mini battery, mini wireless, and mini digital clock. I am sure that developers will create simular widgets for dashboard though.