Ford Shelby GR-1 concept shown at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Aug 17, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Now... I'm not sure if I like this or not, looks great from the elevated view, but the from the other images (especially) the one with Shelby sat on the fender, makes it look like a Jag. :eek: :p

It does however come with a 6.4L V10, and if that isn't good for ATLEAST 600bhp, then someone needs to fall on their sword! :eek: :D

http://www.cardesignnews.com/news/2004/040813ford-gr1/index.html

Thoughts?

2. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

That does look like a Jag. Is this the same Shelby that was showcased at the 2004 auto show? It looks different than that one, and I'm too lazy to find the pics from the 2004 show. ;)

I'm a sucker for the classic Shelby though, it's gotta be a convertible or it's just not a Shelby. :D

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I don't think so... the other Shelby was a roadster, abit like the original AC Cobra, this one seems to be more like a GT/Muscle car, more along the lines of the Shelby Mustang.

Definitely has a heavy Jag influence, the front looks like a relatively recent Jag concept car, and that tail is heavily influenced from a 50's/60's Jag racer that I can't remember the name of. :confused:

4. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, but I can't remember the name either. :cool:

I found a pic of the roadster, this is more to my liking!

[​IMG]

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

it does look like an old jag... but i've always loved that look... so :D :D from me...

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I like the look of it. There are a few minor appearance things i would change, but its a nice looking car. If you were driving it, though, it might feel like you were sitting way too far back.

7. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

If I were driving it, I would be having too much fun with the gas peddle to realize I was sitting too far back!

:D

Yeah, I definately like the look of the coupe, but if I had to choose (riiiiight..) then I'd have to go for the roadster.

It's like my dad always says: "Room for your @ss and a gallon of gas!"

8. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hmmm it looks okay, im not thrilled, but its still quite good looking, although im still partial to the cobra classics die hard

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Anyone remember the jag F-Type concept from a few years back? It looks like they took the cockpit (plus roof) and rear of that, and made some weird combo of an Aston-Martin/Ford GT front, and slapped them together.

evilgEEk: What about the Dayton Coupe then? ;)

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Looks like a cross between the Daytona coupe and the GT-40 -- sort of grafting the GT-40 cockpit/doors and front bumper onto the Daytona Coupe.

A little too modernized in the quest for a remake like the new Cobra.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you ripped the Ford emblem off the front, the cool factor increases 10-fold. :cool:

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well... it's missing the little spoiler on the back for it to remind me of a Daytona Coupe.

Abstract: and the reliability by 15 :D