foreign itunes from america

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by princealfie, Mar 17, 2006.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

Mar 7, 2006
    Salt Lake City UT
    is it possible to order songs from foriegn itunes and play them here in the states?
  2. DrEwe macrumors member

Oct 12, 2004
    The only way I can think to do this is to buy a giftcard with cash in the country you want to purchase from then use that...

I know that you cant buy the giftcards on line from a foreign address - I am going to the UK if a few weeks so i am going to give it a go (If it works I am going to stock up on cards - the choice on the UK store is way better than the US store!)
  3. student_trap macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2005
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    i had this problem too, except it was the other way around: I wanted a song on the american itunes. I believe that you can buy foreign music if you have a bank account in the country you want to buy from. A long shot i know
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The terms of service say that you actually have to be resident in the country that you are downloading from. The US free tunes are often ones which are v popular in the UK for example.

But, so long as you have a gift song code or a gift certificate, then you can claim back songs without having to enter a foreign bank account. You do still need to have a 'valid' foreign address which you can 'use'.