Foreigners are ruining our country!?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, May 21, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    Apparently the US isn't the only nation struggling with foreigners coming into their country and "wreaking havoc." Maybe if policies south of the border change, things will be better for everybody. Link.

I do enjoy the following from the article - "Speaking of the hundreds of thousands of Central Americans who enter Mexico each year, chauffeur Arnulfo Hernandez, 57, said: "The ones who want to reach the United States, we should send them up there. But the ones who want to stay here, it's usually for bad reasons, because they want to steal or do drugs."

I'm sure not everybody feels the same way there, but I'm not sure I understand the official Mexican stance towards illegals in the US now. Oh, and I'm sure that there is another side to the story - there always is. And, uh, I really don't see what Mexico being a third world nation has to do with this. Got to head that one off early...
  2. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    What is your point exactly?

The fact that the US hardly corners the market on narcissism and hypocrisy, doesn't make the resultant problems we face any easier or less our responsibility.
  3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    No kidding.