FORGET IT: Mac Mini G4 Airport/Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by GimmeSlack12, Jun 6, 2007.

1. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I am having a hard time finding one of these Mac Mini's. I'm willing to spend up to $400. Needs to have Airport.

Help a brotha' out?

2. macrumors newbie

I'm looking to sell my Mini that may either have bad RAM or a bad logicboard and is past its Applecare. I want to just sell it for $110. It doesn't have Airport/Bluetooth though. It's a G4 1.25 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, 40GB HD, Combo Drive. I've got pictures also. Just throwing the offer out there.

3. thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You haven't diagnosed if it is the RAM or the logic board. What do you feel is wrong with it? Cause I'll buy a gig stick of RAM and install it if you feel its the RAM. If you can confirm that I will buy yours.

4. macrumors newbie

Well I can't even find the startup discs to do the hardware test right now, but every time it's been done before it passed them all, so I really don't know what it is. Is there anything else I can do to test it?

5. thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I think I misread your original post. I really need the AP option.
    But are there any operating problems with the machine? Freezes, won't boot, etc.

6. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

if all else fails...

I have a Mini G4 Mezzanine Board, Antenna and Bluetooth kit (no AE card tho).

Would be willing to sell reasonably.

7. thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Explain what you mean by antenna? Is that mean airport (just not extreme) or what exactly?

8. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

Antenna

Apple sells a kit to put Bluetooth and AE into G4 Mini's which didnt come with the wireless option.

It includes a Bluetooth board, a Mezzanine board and I believe two antennas. One antenna is for the BT module the other for the AE module.

I have all parts except for the AE card (which is now found for as cheap as $29).

You must have the kit to install BT or AE (or both).

9. thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I see, so I would be buying this for how much from you RGunner? And then a Mini, and then an AE card. Hell, might as well get more RAM while I have this thing open.

10. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

11. thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

12. macrumors newbie

It kernel panics/freezes. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few hours, or sometimes It won't freeze for a day or two.

Edit: Also after extensive searching I cannot find the discs that came with it. :/

13. thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Thanks for the offers and discussion but I am buying a local mini in the Bay area.

Close thread please.