forget safari...it's airport that sucks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apachie2k, Sep 19, 2006.

1. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

i have been using mac's for a long time, i can remember when i was little using my mom's macintosh portable... now i am in college, and use bootcamp...i am almost always in mac unless i have to do school work which is when i switch to access the school network drives. ok so at 10 oclock it get's really slow (because everyone signs in at this time??), so i switched to windows to do some homework, and guess what...internet is fast!!

the internet has been getting slower and slower everyday...it's not just safari, it's firefox, and it's only when i am in school... i do everything that supposeldy makes the internet faster, i'm not d/l anything from limewire (can't even get it to connect here in college either, but that's a diff story) so what the hell is going on?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

thanks alot for any insight to my dilemma..

cheers

2. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Input the DNS addresses manually into the Network settings on the Mac. You should see a noticeable improvement in how quickly web page requests respond and load.

3. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k

i'm currently at university, so how do i go about getting this adress...

4. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k

someone plzzz...this has become so annoying sometimes it feels slower than 56k and sometimes it's faster than 12mps

5. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

not trying to thread jack but how does a max speed of 33 kbps sound? My nokia phone has faster speed...

6. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k