Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamil550

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
hi, i have forgotten the screen password of my iphone,which is having software 3.0(jailbraked). i recently changed the password and dont remember it. i have synced it with my imac, is there any way i could restore it without loosing my data?? please explain in deltail as iam a noob :) thank you

helimom93

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Restoring your password without restoring

Resolution
Reset your account password

If your account was partially disabled for security reasons, use iForgot (http://iforgot.apple.com/) to reset your account. This will restore your access to the disabled services. You can also click the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password?” buttons that appear in the alert message.

Note: If you are a MobileMe user, when prompted to enter your Apple ID, be sure to type your full MobileMe email address, which is username@me.com (or @mac.com).

Update your MobileMe Settings

After changing your password, you may need to update some settings on your Mac or PC. :)

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Resolution
Reset your account password

If your account was partially disabled for security reasons, use iForgot (http://iforgot.apple.com/) to reset your account. This will restore your access to the disabled services. You can also click the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password?” buttons that appear in the alert message.

Note: If you are a MobileMe user, when prompted to enter your Apple ID, be sure to type your full MobileMe email address, which is username@me.com (or @mac.com).

Update your MobileMe Settings

After changing your password, you may need to update some settings on your Mac or PC. :)

Pretty sure this won't help you if you are locked out of your phone via the lock screen.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Pretty sure this won't help you if you are locked out of your phone via the lock screen.
Yes, I believe this only work for things such as your Apple ID.

I had to restore when I got locked out of my OLDDDD 3GS.

Sorry bud, you're gonna lose everything. You can always resync when you do your restore, that'll get you all your apps and music and such back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.