forgot keychain password

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cocopelli, Oct 17, 2004.

1. cocopelli macrumors member

So funny story, my sister somehow set a keychain password that is different than her admin password and she is not sure what it is. This wouldn't be a huge deal except that keychain is locked and almost everything she's trying to do on the internet is asking for her keychain password. She can't even load safari w/out it wanting the password. I am at a loss as to how to remedy this I have searched through mac help and everything. Is there any way to fix it w/out doing a clean install? Any help would hugely appreciated. Thanks so much.

Ben

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I believe if she changes her account password, it will also reset the keychain password to that same value.

It's actually annoying, but in this case should be helpful.

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Try her admin password with all caps. Pretty common for people to enter a password with the caps lock key inadvertently engaged.

4. stealthy macrumors member

stealthy

Did she change her password at the Terminal prompt?

I'm familiar with UNIX and I did that once but found that it didn't bother to change it for the keychain.

I use the GUI now. :D

5. cocopelli thread starter macrumors member

thanx for the help... i actually figured it out just after posting but have been to busy to respond...i just deleted the old key chain and told her to retrain her new one. it shouldn't be to hard so yeah thanx again.