Forgot to buy AppleCare.. Now what?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stark4, Sep 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

So my one year apply warranty expired yesterday and i forgot to buy the apple care. Is there anyway that i can get the apple care now? or am i so out of luck?

Thanks

2. macrumors regular

Can Apple and ask...

3. macrumors 6502

grockk

I'm sure you meant Call but yeah just call them up 1-800-MY-APPLE an give them the web order number. Took me less than 5 minutes.

4. macrumors regular

I bought mine online the LAST day that I was allowed to buy it, and it was a hassle. I had to jump through hoops for them to apply it.

In short, the answer is no. You won't be able to cover it after the 1-year period is up. Just treat your computer right.

5. macrumors member

I purchased AppleCare online on the last day, came in 4 days after my warranty expired lol never had any issues thy just applied it. You probably got a ****** agent.

6. macrumors regular

Had experienced before - one day past expired day. Ended-up myself Extend Coverage from their support site. Give try at high price. Good luck!

7. macrumors 6502

Variant

You certainly do not know that for sure. Apple makes plenty of exceptions for the benefit of its customers.

Phone up Apple and ask. Talk to a person, not some internet forum. There is no guarantee, but if you are only a week or so out, they could very well sell you AppleCare.

8. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually they have not if it is much more than a day or two. I think the OP has a good chance.

9. macrumors regular

Did you buy your Mac with a credit card? If so, check to see if the Mac is covered by an extended warranty plan that the CC might offer.

I was going to buy AppleCare but my CC offers this perk so I'll just give the CC company a call if/when it breaks beyond the initial year.

dt

10. macrumors 6502a

You can purchase AppleCare up to 12 months after purchase.

Do be warned that AppleCare does NOT cover accidental drops and spills. IMO, a computer will probably break right away if it's going to break at all.

11. macrumors regular

My experience differs. I have had 4 Apple laptops that have required Applecare warranty work greater in the 12-36 month period post purchase. I always buy Applecare.

12. macrumors 6502a

So you are saying that ALL Apple laptops will need some warranty work in the time that AppleCare covers?

I've owned MANY a laptop(non-Apple) and none have needed work in that time frame. They either broke right away(under warranty), or I ended up selling them as I wanted something different.

I had one that needed a new hard drive, but that was a pretty inexpensive repair (certainly costs less than $249).